Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cheap gps tracker

Andy

Andy

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Myself & BigMac have purchased & fitted cheap Chinese trackers from amazon to our Calis. Cost £29.99 with "free" years web monitoring. Second year charge is currently £26.
We both got a cheaper one first, these were an absolute pig to get working. These are no longer available. There are both IOS & Android apps, as well as website for monitoring.
Is very accurate tracking, can setup geo fence & various alerts. It has a strong magnet on the back with a tamper switch, which you automatically get push message when it is tripped.
Neither of them have external aerials so it remains to be seen if I can find somewhere in the Cali where it is sufficiently hidden but still get gps fix & gprs signal.
I now have one in my car & one in my Cali.

Is it a TK104 based setup? If so I've used one and they work well, and I use mine with a pay as you go. £10 credit has so far lasted me 4 months updating every 30 seconds. I can put it to the sleep when Im not moving so it can't be detected.

No Matt completely different device. Comes with a 2g data sim paid for first year. Will have to try ringing it & see what happens, if I can find the number.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No Matt completely different device. Comes with a 2g data sim paid for first year. Will have to try ringing it & see what happens, if I can find the number.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Do you have a link for the device?