Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cheap mozzie net

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
Bought some fly screen & strong skittle Magnets from Amazon & have a great fitting but cheap mozzie net. The net tucks nicely around the sliding door to allow access and you can still close the blind. Takes up no space as we have folded it under the multiflex cushion. IMG_20160709_105723.jpg IMG_20160709_105810.jpg All ready for our trip to Italy.

Bought some fly screen & strong skittle Magnets from Amazon & have a great fitting but cheap mozzie net. The net tucks nicely around the sliding door to allow access and you can still close the blind. Takes up no space as we have folded it under the multiflex cushion. View attachment 15020 View attachment 15021 All ready for our trip to Italy.

Looks excellent! Would you mind sharing the Amazon sellers you bought them from please?

Thanks...think I will give this a try!
When the net is attached to the van with the magnets do you then go in and out of the cab doors? sorry if this is a daft question!
Love the dog and the kiddies legs through the mesh! Takes me back to when mine were young
No, we didn't put any Magnets on the sliding door side of the opening so we could sneak in & out there or you could use the cab doors.

My original plan was to cut the netting in half and secure with Magnets on all edges but it would allow me to have 2 pieces that could part to allow more easy access. A bit like 2 curtains that overlap slightly in the middle but as it's such a good fit as it is, I'm reluctant to change it!

For Scottish midges, a finer net may be required!
Try Streme
I'm planning to construct one with magnets sewn in so that I get a tight fit and can also ge in/out. M not sure though that midges will find a way in regardless?!

For Scottish midges, a finer net may be required!
Try Streme
I'm planning to construct one with magnets sewn in so that I get a tight fit and can also ge in/out. M not sure though that midges will find a way in regardless?!

If you do, please send a photo .....

I bought some really fine midge net material from midge.net about £5 for 1.5 metres x1 metre not made it up yet

I bought some really fine midge net material from midge.net about £5 for 1.5 metres x1 metre not made it up yet
I can't find midge.net.
Do you have the actual address.

Here's mine, made this week with two cheap magnetic fly curtains. Stitched two panels together, chopped some off the bottom and made a new hem. Comes complete with lots of velcro sticky tabs or use mini magnets, works a treat.IMG_1257.jpgIMG_1259.jpgIMG_1258.jpg

I understand people wanting to keep the midges out, but what about the roof vents and windows in the canvas, sliding Windows etc: etc:. I just use one of the plug in Insecticide things in the Inverter socket. Rated at 50w and never been bothered by any flying blood sucking little monsters.
Maybe we're just fortunate and they don't like us but we don't see any in the vehicle. It's the first thing plugged in on site. 1 refill lasts 30 days continuous use.

I understand people wanting to keep the midges out, but what about the roof vents and windows in the canvas, sliding Windows etc: etc:. I just use one of the plug in Insecticide things in the Inverter socket. Rated at 50w and never been bothered by any flying blood sucking little monsters.
Maybe we're just fortunate and they don't like us but we don't see any in the vehicle. It's the first thing plugged in on site. 1 refill lasts 30 days continuous use.
I'm trying a net for the first time as it looks like 30 degrees next week in France and I want the door open, bit of air etc. Hopefully keep any mozzies etc out.

We think/hope our van is fully midge proof! We've sewn midge net over the roof mesh and stuck it over the sliding window fly screens. For the door we use an arrangement like Cleve and larrylamb - magnets sewn into a voile curtain from Argos 'colours' range 2 for £12 ( the door only uses 1). It all works a treat.

We think/hope our van is fully midge proof! We've sewn midge net over the roof mesh and stuck it over the sliding window fly screens. For the door we use an arrangement like Cleve and larrylamb - magnets sewn into a voile curtain from Argos 'colours' range 2 for £12 ( the door only uses 1). It all works a treat.
I've done the same. Sewn it on.
I've Just ordered some more magnets to try And get my curtain for the door to work.
Can't stand the nasty itchy things, yeugh.

We'll have to compare notes then as I'm off to Italy and France in 10 days.:thumb

That sounds effective, do you know which make you use?

Have you had the opportunity to test whether the voiles have a fine enough mesh to keep out midges as well as mosquitoes? Also, which colour works best to keep the midges out?:Iamsorry

Bought some fly screen & strong skittle Magnets from Amazon & have a great fitting but cheap mozzie net. The net tucks nicely around the sliding door to allow access and you can still close the blind. Takes up no space as we have folded it under the multiflex cushion. View attachment 15020 View attachment 15021 All ready for our trip to Italy.
Have you had the opportunity to test whether the mesh is fine enough to keep out midges as well as mosquitoes?

I'm trying a net for the first time as it looks like 30 degrees next week in France and I want the door open, bit of air etc. Hopefully keep any mozzies etc out.
Have you had the opportunity to test whether the mesh is fine enough to keep out midges as well as mosquitoes? Time to get in the results!

Here are our results....... The midge net in the roof vents and the Argos curtain plus magnets on the sliding door both work brilliantly in the midge infested Highlands.
If l did the roof vents again l would use the voile curtain fabric as it is much easier to sew and cheaper than the midge proof net we bought originally. I would also use a pale colour for the door to let more light in, but l just bought black as the purpose made stuff was black.
Hope this helps.

Should have added l don't know about mosquitoes cos we don't go anywhere ( hopefully!) where there are any.

Back