Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cheaper travelling around Spain

Thanks, that explains something. we were on the Spanish motorway on Wednesday and we, along with hundreds of locals were totally confused as to why there were no tickets belong issued and the barriers were all open at the toll booths.

We have a dongle & that didn’t get a beep either.

Thanks, that explains something. we were on the Spanish motorway on Wednesday and we, along with hundreds of locals were totally confused as to why there were no tickets belong issued and the barriers were all open at the toll booths.

We have a dongle & that didn’t get a beep either.
The route from Alicante to Valencia was removed last year and it is very strange getting to where the boths are no more. We still need our tag for around Madrid and between Zaragoza and France or Bilbao.

The route from Alicante to Valencia was removed last year and it is very strange getting to where the boths are no more. We still need our tag for around Madrid and between Zaragoza and France or Bilbao.
Part of the holiday for us is NOT going on the motorways. We have managed for 16 years never paying on any road in Spain or France and Portugal. Apart from the odd mistake..(Before satnavs)The only time I use motorways is in the UK to get from A to B. You can pay as much in Tolls as you can for fuel. But of coarse if you want to get somewhere quick then use the toll roads, they are just not for us.

That’s why we like the French motorways, 99.999% of the people using them are there for the sole purpose of getting somewhere quickly.
Those that want to take their time use other routes.
The lack of traffic, good lane discipline and most traffic driving at similar high speeds make it easy to cover large distances at high speed.

Enjoy them while you can. From 2024 they’re planning tolls on all motorways, followed by tolls on single lane main roads.

Road tax for a Cali costs about 150€ a year in my city I think, can’t remember what I paid last time