Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Check your Cali camping chair bolts!

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Sitting down relaxing in mine I noticed a funny looking thing on the floor by chance. Turns out to be the plastic spacer washer thingy and next to it was the bolt! Easy to fix but when I checked all the bolts on both chairs they were all loose. So maybe check yours...a pain if you lose them on holiday!

Put Loctite on the threads go stop it happening again :thumb

I have also noticed the bolts coming undone whilst on holiday recently, it is difficult to know how much to tighten them, particularly as one of the grey plastic connectors has already cracked on one of my chairs. Annoying as I have hardly used them.
There is also a grey plastic cover over the pop rivets on the front of the chair legs which fall out, I've lost two of mine already.
Nigel

I was lucky enough to spot mine coming loose. Shame, as otherwise I think the chairs are pretty well designed.

Loose bolts in the seat?

My last had to keep tightening up the bolt in his neck :idea:

They need a locking mechanism; the missus has had one collapse when it half folded (she's sub 10 stone BTW)!

Mine seem to collapse when on a slope. Kids won't now sit on them for fear of folding. Any way to lock them in position once open?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine fell out at COTF. Luckily the spot was marked with an empty bottle and I found the bolt in the morning.

Back