Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Child Safety Net Clip

t6.1

t6.1

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all, this child safety net clip broke. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement please? (or something else that would do the job?)

IMG_8875 Large.jpeg

View attachment 92682

:thumb

Yes I have often looked at the supplied safety clip points and considered that they look completely inadequate. We do not use the safety net, but if we needed to then I would certainly look to install beefier clips.

Main dealer was the only place I could get one, they are about £8 to buy and £30 fitted. (I bought one about 18months ago, that was the prices then)

Main dealer was the only place I could get one, they are about £8 to buy and £30 fitted. (I bought one about 18months ago, that was the prices then)
Wow ! Thanks for the info

Update:

I gave these a go:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088WW9W2N/?tag=eliteelect-21

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 12.33.20.png

One end goes into the roof great, but the other end, the hole is too small to clip the child safety into unfortunately.

Something such as one at (0.5cm), and one at (1cm) would do the trick. Unless anyone can suggest anything else, I think I'm going to get in touch with the dealer to see if they can help get some in.

Site note: You need a torx "T20" to unscrew the screw, having a selection of these like this one is generally a good idea:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09DYPXFCN/?tag=eliteelect-21

Couldn't you drill out the small hole a bit? I mean, £30 fitted must mean they're fitting gold ones, no?

Back again!

I did as @ThomasHJ recommended and drilled out the hole on some Tent Rope Fasteners, the inner hole was a bit sharp but did the job and certainly more robust.

We had the van serviced and I'd mentioned the clips so got them replaced with the official ones, but they've broken again

Wondering if anyone else has replaced these? and what you've used?

I just remembered about Meccano, going to give these a try :
Meccano 20 Standard Obtuse Angle Bracket 12c
Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 21.58.52.png

Back again!

I did as @ThomasHJ recommended and drilled out the hole on some Tent Rope Fasteners, the inner hole was a bit sharp but did the job and certainly more robust.

We had the van serviced and I'd mentioned the clips so got them replaced with the official ones, but they've broken again

Wondering if anyone else has replaced these? and what you've used?

I just remembered about Meccano, going to give these a try :
Meccano 20 Standard Obtuse Angle Bracket 12c
View attachment 109675
Are they not supposed to sit flat when the roof is dropped so they don't dig into the bed or stress the alloy roof, hence the plastic hinged design?