Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Child safety net

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
What do you do with your child safety net (the one for the top bunk) when not in use? It is very cumbersome to store. I'd like to flop it down on / under the mattress, but given that a recent thread suggests that you can't leave a zonesleep up there I doubt that this will be recommended. I can't see anything in the manual on this?

We just unclip it from the roof and leave it on the top mattress.

Mine sits in upper floor.......of my garage:cool:

In gargage with camping stuff...

Ours is laid flat under the mattress, that way we can't forget it. My two kids like looking down when they are up there, but my youngest wriggles lots in her sleep so can't be without it.

I leave mine up top too my little asks for it to stop the pillow or blue bear falling out. Lol

Obviously plenty of votes for not using the net for those not camping with kids. My youngest has a habit of sleep walking, so I think the net would be good. I'm so worried about leaving anything except the mattress up top. I tried lying it flat but it bunches where it folds on the edges.

Am I being over-paranoid about the extra thickness interfering with the roof closure mechanism? Appreciate that some are doing this all of the time, but has anyone got any bad stories?

Put it under the mattress between the wooden slats

Just bumping this thread...

Is the consensus that it is ok to store the child safety net under the pop-up roof mattress? I want to keep it in the van so it's always available as we have a toddler.

Naturally worried about wrecking the roof with it up there... yes, paranoid!

Ours goes on the rear parcel shelf inbetween toppers/mattresses etc.

Is the consensus that it is ok to store the child safety net under the pop-up roof mattress? I want to keep it in the van so it's always available as we have a toddler.

If it is just the net , it would do no harm ...
As said above try to put it between de wooden lats ...
I can leave i thin sleepingbag opend zippers flat on top.
Some do the same . If you got the original matrass and not an upgraded thicker model!

I was going to put mine up in the roof length ways on top of the mattress?

How do you fit the net? A photo or video would be great. There are some poppers and I can't see where they go.

Sorry no video but I'll try and describe.

Hook the long clasps onto the elevated roof via the D-rings

The bottom section of the net has push on fixings under the mattress of the top bunk, then fit the lower clasps to the lower D-rings

Simples

What do you do with your child safety net (the one for the top bunk) when not in use? It is very cumbersome to store. I'd like to flop it down on / under the mattress, but given that a recent thread suggests that you can't leave a zonesleep up there I doubt that this will be recommended. I can't see anything in the manual on this?
Goes nicely between picnic chairs in tailgate.

throw it in the shed at home. to stop pillows falling just shut the roof hatch. or sleep other way round

Back