Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Child seats

califonication

califonication

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I think we've found ourselves a Cali!! :) We are going to collect it on Wednesday (photos to follow).

The only thing it's missing is an awning, but as always the forum has been useful and I think I'm right in saying we can retrofit a genuine VW one, not cheap at £700 but nothing good ever is.

Anyway...we need to get a child seat to fit out three year old. The obvious choice would be a booster seat, but we're concerned about the safety of these.

So does anyone know of a car seat that folds fairly flat?

So does anyone know of a car seat that folds fairly flat?

We are getting integrated child seats for the middle row, suitable for children from 15 - 36 Kg. For adult use, the booster seat folds down and the back support can be removed.

Group 2 seats 15-25 Kg - High backed booster seats
Group 3 seats 22-36 Kg - Booster cushions

For 3-6 years olds you will definitely need a back support. You can buy Group 2 booster seats with detachable backs that become Group 3 booster cushions. These can be stored folded down.

The integrated car seats you mention, I've seen these on a Merc estate. I presume they are a factory fit option?

The integrated car seats you mention, I've seen these on a Merc estate. I presume they are a factory fit option?

They are VW factory made, but all rear seating in the California is modular, and can be owner removed or exchanged with little more than muscle power. The fifth seat in the Ocean or 2 seat bench Beach and the sixth/seventh seats in the 3 seat Beach can be added.

Ahh I think I understand so with the Ocean the only option would be to add the fifth seat?

Ahh I think I understand so with the Ocean the only option would be to add the fifth seat?
What's up with an isofix child seat on the bed seat? ( would take up less room than 5th seat option) the 5th seat options are bulky and restrict movement/camping heavily. If you don't need a fifth seat don't bother.

If you want the integrated seat, yes. Otherwise just use the correct group child seat for the child's weight. A three year old is likely to be group 1 or group 2.

My two girls, 4&6, have high back booster seats, with the head bolsters. One seat can just fit behind the passenger seat when rotated and the other can go upstairs by their feet. We only do this if it's a one night stop, but otherwise we use a decathlon 2 second popup tent. This will take both seats and plenty of other bits and bobs.
I wouldn't want to put them in a booster seat without a back part etc. It is a tricky juggling act making it all fit, but that's part ot the fun.