Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Childish surges.....

D

Dazshep

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just loading up Bruce for 2 nights in Cambridge and 3 in Cromer, it's called "the bum of England tour", and after a complete waz of a week so far I can't believe the sudden childish surges of excitement I am having. Is there a medical term for this? CaliGowilditus?? Or something.

I can relate entirely.....

Despite having slept in my 'strudel van' a few years ago for 15 months consecutive...

Last weekend me and the Cali had a 4 night break in Lisbon and slept at a different location each night...Adventure again.

I come home,

I look at Albert, all travel stained,

open the side door, see the muddy footprints on my nice qitm carpets..

lift up the fridge lid, unload, the detritus of half-chilled rubbish...

take the mats out of the drivers footwell,

Think .... "what a slum! never again!"

24 hours later,

Carpets cleaned, fridge cleaned, mats cleaned, glass wiped over, water changed, cutlery drawer rearranged, fresh clothing in the drawer, cupboards cleaned and restocked....

Albert!! We're off! No idea where, think of an excuse later but...

We're going!

Just loading up Bruce for 2 nights in Cambridge and 3 in Cromer, it's called "the bum of England tour", and after a complete waz of a week so far I can't believe the sudden childish surges of excitement I am having. Is there a medical term for this? CaliGowilditus?? Or something.
Yes....there's various medical terms for this,also very common and I'm afraid not very easy to cure :D

Lol....GJ.....I am your organised man.

First night slept free at Belem by the waterfront at the historic area..Friday meandering on foot through Lisbon.

Second night by Cascais at an 'Orbitir' campsite at around £6 for the night and 6 miles from Estoril Track.

Third night at the Track free after first day of ELMS event. Horrid weather.

Fourth night after 'Race Day' at the Municipal Camp in Lisbon, a little pricey.

Then 170 mile drive to what I now consider my home at Alcoutim, stopping off at the moorish town of Mertola on the way.

My whinge...70 cents for a milky coffee at Alcoutim....but 2.20 euro at Lisbon....

Note to self......during childish surge please ensure passenger window is closed on wettest night for ages. You then dodge getting cauliflower ear!

We get like this every trip after nearly five years.

First job on return is turn it around ready for next jaunt.

Just back from Wasdale. Gable/Sca Fell finally in clear weather. Tick.

P.

We get like this every trip after nearly five years.

First job on return is turn it around ready for next jaunt.

Just back from Wasdale. Gable/Sca Fell finally in clear weather. Tick.

P.
Was there Tuesday but cheated as stayed at Wasdale Inn. First time there and blinded by the sun going up Scafell Pike :)

Stayed in one of the few National Trust camp sites at Wasdale Head in July. Only 6 camper van pitches with EHU but a lovely site in a very lovely part of the world.

My first visit to the Lakes and I was blown away with the beauty!

Alan

Stayed in one of the few National Trust camp sites at Wasdale Head in July. Only 6 camper van pitches with EHU but a lovely site in a very lovely part of the world.
Yep saw the site. Lovely spot. For anyone who

Alan

Alan
Yes saw the site, lovely!
For anyone going that one there is a stunning drive up through Hard Knott Pass.

http://www.visitcumbria.com/wc/hardknott-pass/

Did it in my Touran and one of the few places I have used the DSG to its full potential. Certainly in my Touran it is a case of sticking it in Sports mode and let it take you down.

NB: Not a road to do in winter.

Lol....GJ.....I am your organised man.

First night slept free at Belem by the waterfront at the historic area..Friday meandering on foot through Lisbon.

Second night by Cascais at an 'Orbitir' campsite at around £6 for the night and 6 miles from Estoril Track.

Third night at the Track free after first day of ELMS event. Horrid weather.

Fourth night after 'Race Day' at the Municipal Camp in Lisbon, a little pricey.

Then 170 mile drive to what I now consider my home at Alcoutim, stopping off at the moorish town of Mertola on the way.

My whinge...70 cents for a milky coffee at Alcoutim....but 2.20 euro at Lisbon....

I know Off-Topic, but how is the Oil Consumption?

Back