Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Children damaged centre column thingie

NoviceCaliOwner

NoviceCaliOwner

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,

I believe one of my delightful children has swung the seatbelt buckle into the centre column creating this beautiful cracked feature.

Anyone know what’s best to repair / refresh this ? Would I need to buy a new part / get VW to install it at next service maybe?

Appreciate the advice , unfortunately selling the children in question has not been an accepted option by the wife …..

Thank you

640F2DB0-6590-413F-BD04-DE8FEADD2522.jpeg

Don’t be too harsh on them. Mine has just come very loose and it strikes me that it is weaker than papier-mâché
We’re two fairly sensible adults.

Looking at this I imagine you could glue it together. Wether you use superglue is there’s no going back so once it’s on that’s it and no adjustment. After glueing you could carefully colour match with an appropriate paint .
To replace would be costly as nothing is cheap on the California.

Hi all,

I believe one of my delightful children has swung the seatbelt buckle into the centre column creating this beautiful cracked feature.

Anyone know what’s best to repair / refresh this ? Would I need to buy a new part / get VW to install it at next service maybe?

Appreciate the advice , unfortunately selling the children in question has not been an accepted option by the wife …..

Thank you

View attachment 100801
Though I would do a superglue repair, if you do not want to continue thinking about selling the children each time to you see that.

Follow this video on the assembly/disassembly -

You can then buy a replacement panel from the colourful site. Search on there and I am sure you will find a replacement part - or get your dealer to order one in.

As this is the kitchen side seatbelt panel, this is easier. On the other side you also have the door curtain guide cable to deal with - which makes that more complex. So thank your kids that they did not mess that side up ;) :thumb

It’s not just kids that break them, mine split on the drivers within a few thousand miles of being new !

Super glue repair will probably fail again due to the fact that it gets knocked getting in and out of the van, readily available part and simple to replace.

you don’t need to remove the bottom section to replace the top section.

report back to help others

Back