Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Christmas build

mikeelawson

mikeelawson

BOOMEL
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Looks like my Ocean is being built over the Christmas period, hope its not going to be a lemon. They finish if off after a two week break (everyone needs a break, especially after this year) Mike

On the plus side it looks like you have a build week (month) whilst others still waiting to hear...

Mines just started build this week.. when does the 2 week break start ? I originally had a build week of next week so not sure how that fits into a 2 week break?.

Christmas for them starts on the 21st and last for 2 weeks shutdown

Hmmmm.. i wondered why they bothered giving me a provisional build date of week 52 then, if they were going to be shut anyway? Sounds like mine will be half built before they break up for Christmas, hope I don't get a lemon either

Hmmmm.. i wondered why they bothered giving me a provisional build date of week 52 then, if they were going to be shut anyway? Sounds like mine will be half built before they break up for Christmas, hope I don't get a lemon either
I had provisional week 51 too, until a couple of weeks ago it was changed to Jan 25 2021

Just spoken to VW chat and the factory is closed for a few days over Christmas but not 2 full weeks ...

Last edited:
Just spoken to VW chat and the factory is closed for a few days over Christmas but no 2 full weeks ...
Seeing as Christmas has , basically, been cancelled in Germany, so it seems, I'm not surprised they're planning a shorter break.

It hasn't been cancelled, how can you cancel Christmas?
I think the term comes from much-repeated 1977 British sitcom, "The Good Life". At least, that's the earliest I heard it... British people often use the expression now in normal day to day speech and it's probably not limited to those who remember 1977.

I think the term comes from much-repeated 1977 British sitcom, "The Good Life". At least, that's the earliest I heard it... British people often use the expression now in normal day to day speech and it's probably not limited to those who remember 1977.
Or were you quoting Tom or Barbara and I missed the joke. Who knows.