Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Christmas in the Hebrides (Lewis and Harris probably)

Hi Jonathan. Have really enjoyed seeing your wonderful photos of the Outer Hebrides, especially the sunset on Christmas Eve on what I assume was Harris- just stunning. We spent a happy week there about five years ago, before we got our Cali. It must be one of the most beautiful places on earth! A great advert for visiting Scotland!

@Jonathan Duke , please stop posting those pics;) ....we are soooo jealous !

You are certainly getting the best out of the last days of the year:thumb lovely places and magnificent views !
Thats also the way love to do it , one can do perfectly without fancy campsites , fact proven above .

HeHe! Well, if you insist.... ;)

We stopped at the Callinish Stones today before taking the ferry from Stornaway to Ullapool.

We now have a loose plan to head to the Applecross Inn, before heading to Glencoe, then Trossachs and Loch Lomond..... Before catching our ferry back to Belfast on the 2nd.

We’re quite familiar with what lies ahead for the next few days, as this area was a favourite stomping ground of ours when motorcycle touring over the years.

87C93DC7-B84D-4013-BD22-DFC88EBC4B52.jpeg
7F50A09A-EAD5-44F5-AD5F-CAB1082C5566.jpeg
B433C70D-3A1B-41C8-AEEB-65FCB0E730E7.jpeg
67376371-969D-4C2E-B6E4-81695F9260E4.jpeg
9DACC5E7-FC29-4A71-9E4F-8B44C6A83C2E.jpeg
0E781AB8-DB45-4109-AA6D-AEDA204DC0F2.jpeg
D0CB585A-07C6-44CA-A1B2-AC8E03E8B69B.jpeg

Sorry..... (Not sorry :D)

Without going off topic Jonathan.
What camera are you using...?

Wow.
Even more impressed
I am on an 8. The X camera looks a lot better quality

iPhone X for everything so far. I like to keep it simple, we have a Canon DSLR but never use it (which reminds me I should stick it on eBay.)

That is really impressive. I imagined you had a degree in photography and some super duper digital SLR with a lens the size of your awning casing - and know how to use it properly!

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

You don't need a degree to be a good photographer - Heck, I wouldn't have had a photo business a few years ago if that was the case ;) A good eye and imagination is what you need.

We parked up on the edge of Upper Loch Torridon last night.... Lovely wee park4night.

It was a damp start to the morning, but there was a great Cafe in Torridon Village, were I enjoyed a large breakfast coffee and bacon & egg roll first thing. It had brightened up nicely by the time we had finished breakfast.

We couldn’t help but wonder if the nearby £600+ per night Torridon Hotel had a better view and/or breakfast than ours :D

We then enjoyed a cracker drive along the Wester Ross Coastal Road..... a spectacular!

On stopping at the Applecross Inn, for early afternoon soup, we found it was fully booked for the next few nights and the Applecross campsite was also closed until March :headbang (we’re due a shower today.)

So we motored-on in mostly darkness (we got over the “pass of the cattle” in daylight) to Glencoe. The Red Squirrel Campsite is also closed, so we’ve ended up in the pet friendly Clachaig Inn for the night (£118 B&B for the 3x of us.) We’ve had a lovely meal, and a good few pints..... There are 3x Californias in the carpark, including ours plus 2x conversions. The other two Calis have their tops popped and blinds in-place so it looks like this “shower” is costing me tonight. Ah well.... after 11x nights wild-camping I can’t complain.

4FD2C670-A6C0-49AE-B000-87BAC7815FF1.jpeg
C346E6A4-F32E-4010-8145-C81D214D3298.jpeg
78B485CC-FCB8-4A1D-9AFE-FF528ADC0ED3.jpeg
86FEC63F-E548-47CF-9290-4174AB60B9AA.jpeg
E781D9B0-8DFF-48CA-8817-46092673FBFD.jpeg

I should add.... We missed a trick in that, the Stornoway to Ullapool Ferry has good showers onboard and these were free to use during the 2hr30mins crossing. We should’ve brought our wash-bags onboard with us and made use of the facility.... It would have saved us the cost of a B&B reservation tonight (ah well, ya live and learn.)

I should add.... We missed a trick in that, the Stornoway to Ullapool Ferry has good showers onboard and these were free to use during the 2hr30mins crossing. We should’ve brought our wash-bags onboard with us and made use of the facility.... It would have saved us the cost of a B&B reservation tonight (ah well, ya live and learn.)

£59 each for a shower and breakfast makes €2 for a three minute shower seem cheap (the most expensive shower we found during our travels - though we did squeeze in two people per shower).

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Jonathan,
Loving the sharing and your accompanying pictures take us all on the journey with you.
It's a great contribution and fuels the passion for the California. Thank you.