Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cigarette lighter fuse

John

John

VIP Member
Originally posted by Mark

i have blown my fuse for cigarette lighter socket in the front cab, have looked for fuse but can't find anyone know which fuse it is?

Thanks

Originally posted by Calikev

There are 2 fuse boxes under the ashtray and on 2007 models onwards it is fuse number 12 and is a Blue 15A fuse. From memory it is on the top fuse
Top row, 3rd from right?

Originally posted by Mark

Thanks calikev but already checked that (found via google)mine is a 30 amp in slot 12 and appears ok! My Cali is 2011 so not sure if it's been changed

Ho hum...... ours has also gone!! Is this a problem?

I'm a bit confused as to which fuse I need to replace though after reading the threads in here. Any ideas on my Cali?

Thanks in advance.

Iain not sure if this helps. Gleaned from another forum

Found mine not working took back to dealer. Blown fuse. Under passenger seat 15amp fuse (blue). Mines a T5.1 60plate.
Dealer said they fuse quite easy due to the amount of different makes of attachments. Works now but need to use peice of cardboard to wedge carger into cigarette socket to create tight fit or else it will charge ok hit bump in road and stop working etc..

Calikev said:
Iain not sure if this helps. Gleaned from another forum

Found mine not working took back to dealer. Blown fuse. Under passenger seat 15amp fuse (blue). Mines a T5.1 60plate.
Dealer said they fuse quite easy due to the amount of different makes of attachments. Works now but need to use peice of cardboard to wedge carger into cigarette socket to create tight fit or else it will charge ok hit bump in road and stop working etc..

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the info I have had from VW has said its in the dashboard fuse box. I've had all the 15A :censor fuses out and all are fine! I have been contemplating a 60 mile round trip to get the :censor ing thing changed but decided to have one last search.....Yes it is in the fuse box under the passenger seat, yes it is 15A and yes it was the last :censor ing fuse I looked at!!!!!!!
:censor :censor :censor :censor :censor :censor :censor :censor
Now off to Halfrauds

:thanks Mwah!

Just received this from VW Coventry

"The fuse is located underneath the passenger seat.

It is number 11 and is a blue 15amp fuse.

It is on the second row 4th fuse along towards the centre of the vehicle next to a big relay fuse block.

I hope this helps."

Originally posted by Calikev

There are 2 fuse boxes under the ashtray and on 2007 models onwards it is fuse number 12 and is a Blue 15A fuse. From memory it is on the top fuse
Top row, 3rd from right?
Thanks just replaced mine in that position (09 2.5L). Replaced with ones which have an LED when blown - very clever.

I've got this problem too - 3 year old grandson found that a 1p piece fitted exactly... I've tried the four 15 amp fuses under the passenger seat but they were all OK - any cunning ideas - that socket is really useful! I have a 67 plate Ocean 150 DSG with a manual that says it is far to complicated to tell me where any fuses might be...

I've got this problem too - 3 year old grandson found that a 1p piece fitted exactly... I've tried the four 15 amp fuses under the passenger seat but they were all OK - any cunning ideas - that socket is really useful! I have a 67 plate Ocean 150 DSG with a manual that says it is far to complicated to tell me where any fuses might be...
Which socket?

Thanks Loz - I'll have a look there - looks complicated to access. Any advice?
Open the door, reach in and there is a recess near top, with thumb and forefinger reach into the recess and pinch the two plastic levers together and at the same time pull out.
It hinges out at the same angle like the door did.
You can then lift it out.
To put it back you hook the bottom in first and push it back in.

Open the door, reach in and there is a recess near top, with thumb and forefinger reach into the recess and pinch the two plastic levers together and at the same time pull out.
It hinges out at the same angle like the door did.
You can then lift it out.
To put it back you hook the bottom in first and push it back in.
Many thanks Loz - I'll give it a go this weekend!

I have just encountered almost the same issue in reverse. Located my blown 5.1 SE cigarette-lighter fuse under the passenger seat (the furthest forward blue 15amp one). However the first replacement immediately blew again, as did a second. Only then did I look inside the lighter socket and found two euro cent coins lodged at the bottom - a perfect fit and hard to see. We sometimes store spare change in the tray alongside and they must have dropped in. Out they came, retrieved on a Sellotape covered pencil. In went a third new fuse and all is well. Thanks, forum members!

Anyone know where this fuse is on 2021 T6.1 Ocean please?

The cigarette lighter socket in the front cab is working but neither the one by the side of thr kitchen or the roof works. I thought it might be that it only works when hooked up but I have tried that and whilst the three pin plug socket worked when hooked up neither cigarette lighter did.

I have looked at all the 15amp fuses under the passenger seat and the indicated one beind the bottle cooler and they all look fine.

Any ideas?

The cigarette lighter socket in the front cab is working but neither the one by the side of thr kitchen or the roof works. I thought it might be that it only works when hooked up but I have tried that and whilst the three pin plug socket worked when hooked up neither cigarette lighter did.

I have looked at all the 15amp fuses under the passenger seat and the indicated one beind the bottle cooler and they all look fine.

Any ideas?
They can look fine but may still have failed. Check by swapping with a new one or better still check using a multimeter. Also check any 20 amp fuses as I believe they might have been upgraded but not sure from when.