Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clark Commercials Edinburgh

AlisonF

AlisonF

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I’ve been posting a thread about my experiences trying to get a tow bar and wind out awning fitted to a T6 (2016).
As local Clark Commercials in Dyce, Aberdeen weren’t top of my list based on previous experience (I also later asked them if they would do the work in my desparation and then discovered they were not interested) I contacted Clark Commercials Edinburgh on 5th May (2018).
After many many calls, emails back and forth, repeated requests whether I had prep kit or for vehicle reg (yawn, all were given in first contact). It’s been a whole saga since and not yet finished.
At this stage my van was booked in for a ‘6 hr’ job (their definitions), I’m at day 10 of no vehicle and no likelihood for another few days and most likely another 2 weeks or more...
The most irritating thing (out of many) is that every time I call I amm assured they will call me tommorow at 11am with an update. It has never happened. And sadly when I’ve waited until 4pm the news has been bad. A full stort will be posted (many pages) when this is sorted and resolved.

I’m really starting to wonder if they’ve pulled a swift one and my van has been sold off never to be seen again...

Ryemslie

Ryemslie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
That’s ridiculous! I’d be demanding my van back if I were you free of charge regardless of works carried out. Wouldn’t touch Clark Commercials Dyce myself either as they are far from competent when it comes to inner workings of a cali. Plenty other garages around Aberdeen capable of carrying out the above mentioned work though.

Digger

Digger

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This level of service is totally unacceptable. I know VW UK do listen to owners complaints 're service level ( how much is open to question) but I would let them know. Hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment in the future. Also it seems MP owners are also seeing the harsh reality of useless dealerships.
For what it's worth Liverpool and Preston have much better staff . We travel more than 600 miles for servicing while you wait and they have never let us down in 7 years.

Jay586

Jay586

Vehicle
N/A
I went in there a few years ago & got the impression it was mainly commercial, not much spit or polish.

Defo get onto vwcs.

VW Guru

VW Guru

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Definitely speak to vw customer care and get a case raised the dealer will have to react. Also remember to fill in the survey you will get after anything carried out by a dealer you will need to rate 1-5 1 being bad obviously. This will hurt the dealer as we are all ranked in the way of customer service anything less than a 5 and we drop down the ranks if you drop to low then we are under measures from vw. Also make sure you do get a survey some dealers are sneaky and will remove customer info so that they don’t get a survey from vw which is against the rules.

On a quick point of your towbar it’s about a day long job that involves both your front seats lower dash and front flooring to be removed and refitted.

Alan Andrews

Alan Andrews

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well I can only comment on the contact I have had with the VW Van Centre (Edinburgh).

I have recently bought a used 2017 T6 California Ocean. I bought this from a campervan centre where the VW had been taken in part exchange. I haggled a very good price!

Reading through the provided documentation, I noticed that it was originally supplied by the VW Van Centre (Edinburgh). I had a couple of questions regarding the original build configuration sticker inside the service book. Particularly the original specification, as some details did not tie up with what I was driving.

I sent the VW Edinburgh centre an email describing my questions, and asking them if they could dig out the original specification details.

A chap called Craig came back within the day with everything I needed. No hassle and no charge. This is what I call good service.

calimera

calimera

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Definitely speak to vw customer care and get a case raised the dealer will have to react. Also remember to fill in the survey you will get after anything carried out by a dealer you will need to rate 1-5 1 being bad obviously. This will hurt the dealer as we are all ranked in the way of customer service anything less than a 5 and we drop down the ranks if you drop to low then we are under measures from vw. Also make sure you do get a survey some dealers are sneaky and will remove customer info so that they don’t get a survey from vw which is against the rules.

On a quick point of your towbar it’s about a day long job that involves both your front seats lower dash and front flooring to be removed and refitted.
Thanks for information. Good to be in know.
Never had survey from Snows despite several warranty repairs.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
That’s ridiculous! I’d be demanding my van back if I were you free of charge regardless of works carried out. Wouldn’t touch Clark Commercials Dyce myself either as they are far from competent when it comes to inner workings of a cali. Plenty other garages around Aberdeen capable of carrying out the above mentioned work though.
I went to Clark Commercials as I wanted to ensure the work done did not invalidate my extended warranty. Clark Commercials Aberdeen (Dyce) wouldn’t do the job.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Well I can only comment on the contact I have had with the VW Van Centre (Edinburgh).

I have recently bought a used 2017 T6 California Ocean. I bought this from a campervan centre where the VW had been taken in part exchange. I haggled a very good price!

Reading through the provided documentation, I noticed that it was originally supplied by the VW Van Centre (Edinburgh). I had a couple of questions regarding the original build configuration sticker inside the service book. Particularly the original specification, as some details did not tie up with what I was driving.

I sent the VW Edinburgh centre an email describing my questions, and asking them if they could dig out the original specification details.

A chap called Craig came back within the day with everything I needed. No hassle and no charge. This is what I call good service.
It seems like the Sales / after Sales and Service etc are all completely different entities. So just because Sales / After Sales didna good job I would still be cautious for Service. Or I’ve just been incredibly unlucky.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion

Indeed I was quoted 6 hrs for the tow bar work and 1 hr for the wind out awning - hence the planned day trip to Edinburgh from Aberdeen.
I am also planning on writing the whole saga for VWCS as this is not all Clark Commercials fault - they received incomplete and incorrect deliveries from VW. All in all a classic Swiss Cheese debacle for which I am not prepared to pay. Let’s see what Monday brings - and I won’t be waiting for them to call me - I’ll be on to them first thing asking for my van to be delivered back ASAP.

greenfintry

greenfintry

Cometh the van cometh the hour
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Surprised by your difficulties as I have had good service from Edinburgh although they can be tardy at returning phone calls. Additionally a couple of the guys in the service department are real Cali gurus so figure out stuff others can’t.
Whatever you do DO NOT go to the Glasgow van centre, they are truly awful, dishonest and trash your van