Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clicking from pop top roof

Sparky1804

Sparky1804

VIP Member
Hi,

We have used our 2013 Cali on half a dozen occasions now. The last two times we used it we have noticed a loud(ish) clicking noise on raising and lowering the roof. The noise only comes from the drivers side. On closer inspection there is nothing that is obvious to cause this.

Ours went in for some warranty repairs last week and the Dealership (Heritage Bristol) had never seen or heard of this before in a Cali, but did note that on at least two occasions the roof made this noise in the raising and lowering modes. As, like me, they could not find any obvious cause of this, they have reported it back to VW Germany.

Just thought I would put this out on the forum in case anyone else has/had this issue. It would be great to hear from anyone.

If and when I hear anything back I will update you all.

Rgds. Mark

Hi,

We have used our 2013 Cali on half a dozen occasions now. The last two times we used it we have noticed a loud(ish) clicking noise on raising and lowering the roof. The noise only comes from the drivers side. On closer inspection there is nothing that is obvious to cause this.

Ours went in for some warranty repairs last week and the Dealership (Heritage Bristol) had never seen or heard of this before in a Cali, but did note that on at least two occasions the roof made this noise in the raising and lowering modes. As, like me, they could not find any obvious cause of this, they have reported it back to VW Germany.

Just thought I would put this out on the forum in case anyone else has/had this issue. It would be great to hear from anyone.

If and when I hear anything back I will update you all.

Rgds. Mark
My t6 2016 ocean has the roof clicking problem and I can't find anything wrong with it so right or wrong I just ignore it.