• Start date
Pure Worktop Protection

Pure Worktop Protection

VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Had our Cali four months now and starting to find annoying issue with Climate Control now that the weather is warming up.
With the CC set at 18 - 19 degrees keep finding it blasting really hot air.
Anyone had similar issues?
Also after quite short journeys the engine fan runs on for about 3 minutes after parking up.

Had our Cali four months now and starting to find annoying issue with Climate Control now that the weather is warming up.
Also after quite short journeys the engine fan runs on for about 3 minutes after parking up.
Hot air from where? Central vents, side vents or footwells?

Hot air from central dash vents if open and foot wells

Assuming you have 3 zone climatronic, it might be worth checking that the rear control isn't set to a high level and cooking you from the rear DAMHIK :headbang.

The sync button may be your friend.

Hot air from central dash vents if open and foot wells
Two possibilities. Faulty temperature sensor or low refrigerator gas. A distinct possibility caused by a leak.
Trip to the Dealers me thinks :(

2nd issue is quite normal, especially after short journeys. Been a fair amount of discussion on here about it. If I stumble on the thread I will post it.

Edit: Here's one

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-150ps-cooling-fan-running-on-after-a-drive-does-yours.14254/

Mike

Make double sure that control panel in rear shows 'OFF'
other selection is on front panel where you select for passenger dual control, where you control the temp setting mode.
The REAR central knob/button turns the rear panel on/off, the SYN puts all control to the driver.
I was 'playing with mine in relation to similar problem to yours and this seemed to override the rear settings and put all internal temps as per drivers setting.

Had the same fan issue with hot, I mean hot, smell and reckon it may be to do with the DPF etc.
Engine rad etc all seemed normal. after 5 mile run plus long runs so no pattern to it. Euro 6 and all its gubbins probably.

Dealer instructions were to periodically run it in manual (DSG) 4th gear at 2500rpm for 10 miles if doing short journeys. Impressed me no end.

Last edited:
My T6 Beach does that - I assume it is because the cabin temperature is below 18 - 19 degrees. To test, turn the thermostat down to Lo and see if it still blasts hot air. To double test, use a thermometer to check the cabin temperature.

T6POE the engine fan noise is totally normal don't worry about that. The T6 transporter has an AC weakness. My new Ocean went into SMG 4 times over last summer before they fixed it, changing out parts like the compressor. In the end it was found to be coolant leaking through the O rings that seal the pipes into and out of the radiator (condenser). They told me that this was becoming a frequent issue on the T6. This fault basically made my van unusable for 3 months so take it to the dealers and get the o rings changed and the system recharged.

Back