Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CLONED ?

topmonty

topmonty

VIP Member
Warning to all................. Discovered that unforced entry has taken place into my Camper some time during the last few days. This could have been at the local supermarket, DIY store or even on my own driveway! First noticed my sunglass case missing from driver's side door pocket, then I later realised my Nikon Trailblazer binoculars had also gone. After a good check over I have also found my heater remote fob has been taken from the ash tray along with my ipod from the glove box. This leads me to believe cloning has taken place and I can honestly say that each time I've left my camper I have gone though the locking and unlocking procedure as normal and never had any reason to think my security had been compromised.
Reported to Thames Valley Police today and awaiting their response.............................................................

Keep 'em peeled !!!!! :sad

Thanks for the warning - as you say this is worrying?

Is there a solution if a key has been cloned? Can they be re-programmed?

What is your vehicle @topmonty ? Year, etc.

The one in the avatar....?:D

Very sad thing , was there any visible damage ?
Did you check/tested afterwarts if ALL doors lock when pushing the fob?

Is your VIN number visible ?

A surf key and other keys are to be orderd using the VIN number visible behind the front windscreen left below.
If one writes down that nr . and have acces to VW orders say a automecanic or so , a key is there within' days
I coverd my number with a cardboard.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/rigid-keys.17592/#post-200320

Last edited:
There are blockers that will stop you locking a car. Always check the door before you walk away. These work on most cars sadly.

Last edited:
Back