Club Meet in Scotland?

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I'm just throwing a note out here to see if any members in Scotland are interested in arranging a meet? I have a feeling there could be a demand for such an event.
I don't live in Scotland but happy to help.

I'll just put my tin hat on and will exit room backwards........ (only kidding!)....

Seriously what do folks think?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sad
Could be interested in attending but depends on dates

Scotland is a big place. Which area will you be looking at please?

Scotland is a big place. Which area will you be looking at please?
What I am looking for is someone who lives in Scotland to take a lead roll in organising with help from others including me ( I live near Birmingham). Where in Scotland? Yet to decided but probably reasonably close to the lead person, but open as far as I am concerned.
Have you any thoughts on this?

I’d be interested and potentially could help with organising if it’s springtime next year. A bit tied up before then.

I'm just throwing a note out here to see if any members in Scotland are interested in arranging a meet? I have a feeling there could be a demand for such an event.
I don't live in Scotland but happy to help.

I'll just put my tin hat on and will exit room backwards........ (only kidding!)....

Seriously what do folks think?

Great idea! If any chance we would go – but needs good planning time (it's a looong drive) ;-)

We had a good meet at Glenmore Campsite in spring 2015 with a range of activities generally available (cycling, walking etc) and a nice meal at Glenmore lodge.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/scottish-cali-meet-28-29-march-2015.8749/

Could be a possibility?
Hi Looby, great to hear from you. I've been a member since mid 2016 and was not aware of the Glenmore meet. (I didn't look either if I am honest :embarrased). Do you think any of the folks who went to the meet in 2015 would be prepared to take the lead in organising another? I'm happy to help but live just north of Birmingham and I think it would need a local person just to be able to visit the potential site to ensure smooth running. I'm guessing an event would need to be before May and after August to avoid the worst of the midges!
As you can see from the above there seems to be an appetite. (I am in the process of finalising the details of the midlands meet on 9,10,11 November which includes a private (VW Cali Club members only) visit and evening in a micro brewery but quite happy to wade in.
Any further thoughts?
Rik

Definitely interested

I live in Devon but if you’re doing one at Glenmore I’m definitely in!

Beautiful site - can we avoid midget season?

I live in Devon but if you’re doing one at Glenmore I’m definitely in!

Beautiful site - can we avoid midget season?

Not sure you are allowed to call them that any more, not seen as politically correct

Not sure you are allowed to call them that any more, not seen as politically correct

Oops. Bloody phone. How many Cali owning short people can I offend with one post?!

Just for information. As an example October 2019 (outside midge season) grass pitch with hook up for two nights (Friday/Saturday) at Glenmore is £64.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sad