Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Club Meet - Warren Farm, Brean Sands - This Weekend

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are happy to announce our first club meet of 2017.

Date 18th - 21st May 2017

Warren Farm
Brean Sands
Nr. Burnham-on-Sea
Somerset
TA8 2RP

You have a choice of duration:
3 Nights (Thu-Sun) Including Electric Hook Up £42.00
2 Nights (Fri-Sun) Including Electric Hook Up £29.00

This is just a small informal meet where we have our own rally field , there will be no live music or entertainment however the campsite does have a club house where you will find live entertainment on Friday and Saturday Night.

Warren Farm is located just 10 minutes away from the M5 motorway giving easy access from most parts of the UK. The site is situated just a stone's throw away from Brean's famous five-mile stretch of sandy beach. They have private footpaths leading to the beach, which runs adjacent to the park.

There is plenty to do on-site including a Play Barn arcade and soft play area, Fishing Lake, Games Field and Pets Corner. Make the most of the endless expanse of farmland for all sorts of activities; playing games, walking and bike rides.

The Beachcomber, offers delicious food and fantastic live entertainment both in the Pirates Cove (children's room) and the Cabaret Bar. There are several on-site shops including convenience stores, an ice cream parlour & caravan accessories . If you fancy a takeaway they have Chinese food, traditional fish 'n' chips, pizza, burgers and Southern fried chicken available to collect on site.

There is wireless internet available at Warren Farm. Around the centre this is chargeable but The Beachcomber has unlimited, free WiFi access for customers.

Site Features

full

** This meet is limited to 50 Pitches Only **
Due to demand we now have 65 pitches

BOOK YOUR TICKETS ONLINE HERE

Last edited:
As we live not far from Brean I thought a few notes of things to do locally might be useful for your stay if you are not familiar with the area.

Brean and the surrounding districts

It is a lovely, generally flat area for cycle routes. The new path is being completed in April from Brean to join up with a section built last year. This will give a virtually off road route from Brean to Weston super Mare. It will be alongside Weston Road to Diamond Farm Caravan Park, then cutting over the sluices it will join onto an existing route towards Uphill. Here it goes along quiet roads to WsM seafront.
This link will take you to the Sustrans Map http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map?...YK4Pc0TfLx0XLrqP7IXHnbMcxgkAjTXhLmhoCByHw_wcB enter Brean in the search box to get the specific area around the site. The new path cuts out most of the purple section & joins the green Route 33 sections. Southwards the route joins onto Burnham.

The peninsular just North of the site is Brean Down which is a lovely walk. At the west end of it is Brean Down Fort https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brean_Down_Fort which is owned by the National Trust.
There are spectacular views of the Severn Estuary, South Wales and the various islands in the estuary from the top of Brean Down.

On the A370 just East of Weston and across the M5 is Puxton Park an all-weather adventure park with soft play, aerial climbing and slides in 40 acres of countryside. http://www.puxton.co.uk/ Great fun for children.

Cheddar Gorge is about 30 mins away with Wookey Hole Caves and numerous other attractions nearby.

Clarkes Village is an factory outlet shopping village in Street, Somerset, England about 45mins away. It was established in 1993 on the site of old C&J Clark factory buildings and has about 90 famous name stores.

This is just a selection, hope it helps
Simon

As we live not far from Brean I thought a few notes of things to do locally might be useful for your stay if you are not familiar with the area.

Brean and the surrounding districts

It is a lovely, generally flat area for cycle routes. The new path is being completed in April from Brean to join up with a section built last year. This will give a virtually off road route from Brean to Weston super Mare. It will be alongside Weston Road to Diamond Farm Caravan Park, then cutting over the sluices it will join onto an existing route towards Uphill. Here it goes along quiet roads to WsM seafront.
This link will take you to the Sustrans Map http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map?...YK4Pc0TfLx0XLrqP7IXHnbMcxgkAjTXhLmhoCByHw_wcB enter Brean in the search box to get the specific area around the site. The new path cuts out most of the purple section & joins the green Route 33 sections. Southwards the route joins onto Burnham.

The peninsular just North of the site is Brean Down which is a lovely walk. At the west end of it is Brean Down Fort https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brean_Down_Fort which is owned by the National Trust.
There are spectacular views of the Severn Estuary, South Wales and the various islands in the estuary from the top of Brean Down.

On the A370 just East of Weston and across the M5 is Puxton Park an all-weather adventure park with soft play, aerial climbing and slides in 40 acres of countryside. http://www.puxton.co.uk/ Great fun for children.

Cheddar Gorge is about 30 mins away with Wookey Hole Caves and numerous other attractions nearby.

Clarkes Village is an factory outlet shopping village in Street, Somerset, England about 45mins away. It was established in 1993 on the site of old C&J Clark factory buildings and has about 90 famous name stores.

This is just a selection, hope it helps
Simon

Thanks Simon
Sounds like the ideal opportunity to try out my new Brompton!

Looking forward to meeting you Tracey you will enjoy it I'm sure

All booked, only 10 weeks today not that I am counting.....and hopefully I will have my new seat covers fitted by then as well :bananadance2

All booked, only 10 weeks today not that I am counting.....and hopefully I will have my new seat covers fitted by then as well :bananadance2
That would be awesome I'm looking forward to seeing the new seat covers on a van

Can you put us down for 2 adults for the Friday and Saturday please.

Booked - Fri thru Sun. First Club event for us. JW

As we are (very!) local, we wouldn't really need to stay over but would you object if we came along on the Sat or the Sun, just to say hi and talk all things van with fellow vannies... ?

No problem at all sat would be best as most will be packing away Sunday morning