Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Club Meet - Warren Farm, Brean Sands - This Weekend

Simon ( Simon B) posted on first page that there is a walk connecting to Weston , worth a read:pinkbanana

True enough. Like I say, it's a long walk (about 12 miles there and back) along cycle route 33 but it's possible.

If they're the Brandrup ones, make sure you've a good couple of hours to do it. They are superb but need patience and persistence to get them looking just right!
We have ordered the prem GTI ones with the California stitching but I understand they do take about 4 hours after watching the instruction video.....:(

Thanks for the info :thanks that's the field we're booked in for Easter, it looks great! Looking forward to seeing everyone, especially TootToots new seat covers! ;) Is George bringing his new scooter too?!
Hello be great to see you both there! we may be on bikes this time so we can venture out..... Cali and Trike this time?

We are booked! 1st season with our van so please don't laugh too much at our attempts to put up awning, etc. Look forward to meeting you all and any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

Andy & Karen
We won't laugh at you if you don't laugh at us. We are first timers as well and despite having watched the 'how to'' video a few times I just know I'll look :veryfunny whilst trying to look :cool:.

David

We won't laugh at you if you don't laugh at us. We are first timers as well and despite having watched the 'how to'' video a few times I just know I'll look :veryfunny whilst trying to look :cool:.

David

We have all been there and are happy to offer help or advice, if wanted. Have you watched the series of videos from California Chris? All very watchable and fairly short. Ideal for avoiding the obvious mistakes.

Awning
Control Unit
Swivel seats
General Info
Roof operation

I think there are some more, but I can't find them at the moment.
I'll be there for the weekend from Thursday onwards if you get stuck.
Good luck
Simon

True enough. Like I say, it's a long walk (about 12 miles there and back) along cycle route 33 but it's possible.

I helped a team building a new path from Route 33 past the water treatment plant up to the sluices by Diamond Farm caravan park last year. I'm going back next month to help finish it off from the sluices through the farm and alongside the road on a separate cycle track through Brean.
It should cut about 1½ miles off the previous route and be much more pleasant. The roads around Brean are quiet but narrow. The new route will be away from the roads down dedicated routes.
Should be open in time for our Meet. As you say, a bit of a walk, probably not for little ones, but OK for adults. But better to cycle. The red line shows the shorter route including the section to Warren Farm. If it is possible to go from the site to the earth wall alongside the creek, it would be a bit shorter again.

Route 33.jpg

We have all been there and are happy to offer help or advice, if wanted. Have you watched the series of videos from California Chris? All very watchable and fairly short. Ideal for avoiding the obvious mistakes.

Awning
Control Unit
Swivel seats
General Info
Roof operation

I think there are some more, but I can't find them at the moment.
I'll be there for the weekend from Thursday onwards if you get stuck.
Good luck
Simon
Thank you very much Simon for your offer of help and the videos, particularly the first three. You'll easily identify me. I will probably be standing scratching my head and looking perplexed standing beside 'Cordelia' (our Indium Grey Ocean) whilst trying to fend off the attentions of two very excitable cockapoos. lol
In the meantime I will study the aforementioned videos and practice what I've learned when we go to a Caravan and Motorhome Club site near Perranporth for a week on Good Friday.:Nailbiting

We are happy to announce our first club meet of 2017.

Date 18th - 21st May 2017

Warren Farm
Brean Sands
Nr. Burnham-on-Sea
Somerset
TA8 2RP

You have a choice of duration:
3 Nights (Thu-Sun) Including Electric Hook Up £42.00
2 Nights (Fri-Sun) Including Electric Hook Up £29.00

This is just a small informal meet where we have our own rally field , there will be no live music or entertainment however the campsite does have a club house where you will find live entertainment on Friday and Saturday Night.

Warren Farm is located just 10 minutes away from the M5 motorway giving easy access from most parts of the UK. The site is situated just a stone's throw away from Brean's famous five-mile stretch of sandy beach. They have private footpaths leading to the beach, which runs adjacent to the park.

There is plenty to do on-site including a Play Barn arcade and soft play area, Fishing Lake, Games Field and Pets Corner. Make the most of the endless expanse of farmland for all sorts of activities; playing games, walking and bike rides.

The Beachcomber, offers delicious food and fantastic live entertainment both in the Pirates Cove (children's room) and the Cabaret Bar. There are several on-site shops including convenience stores, an ice cream parlour & caravan accessories . If you fancy a takeaway they have Chinese food, traditional fish 'n' chips, pizza, burgers and Southern fried chicken available to collect on site.

There is wireless internet available at Warren Farm. Around the centre this is chargeable but The Beachcomber has unlimited, free WiFi access for customers.

Site Features

full

** This meet is limited to 50 Pitches Only **

BOOK YOUR TICKETS ONLINE HERE

Hi are dogs allowed TIA

Yes normal rules apply ie kept on leads cleaned up after.There is a dog walking field next door

This has worked out fine for us as we will use it as a stop over on our way to Cornwall

This I see is going to be popular we have had 30 book in less than a week:thumb
I am booked in with my daughters T4 lol

So, how many do you think are coming now ... ? I've never looked forward to a weekend in Brean quite as much as this ...

... that's mainly because I was brought up here though!

Picking our (Westley) Cali Ocean up on Wednesday. Have booked this weekend for our first meet. Can't wait.

Reactions: Mo!
Just booked to make sure I don't miss this one:thumb

Hi All

We hope to be attending this meet, however we will not be having an actual shop on site but we will possibly be taking pre-orders for collection and hopefully we can do some special weekend deals.

More info to follow nearer the time...

Are there any other kids going? I mean under ten's?

I've just got a copy of the Warren Farm & Beachcomber Gazette and there is a path from Field 11 to the wall alongside the creek that leads up to the sluices.
Brean Cycle Path.jpg
This is the local update on the path with the official route to the new path. But going directly from our field to the sluices crossing should cut a bit off my previous estimate.
The section from the sluices is already in place now, but the sluices are still locked until the completion of the link path in May.
Simon

I've just got a copy of the Warren Farm & Beachcomber Gazette and there is a path from Field 11 to the wall alongside the creek that leads up to the sluices.
View attachment 20120
This is the local update on the path with the official route to the new path. But going directly from our field to the sluices crossing should cut a bit off my previous estimate.
The section from the sluices is already in place now, but the sluices are still locked until the completion of the link path in May.
Simon
Anyone else think the map of the new cycle route from Brean to Weston-super-mare looks like a face in profile?:)

On the subject of bicycle routes, if anyone fancies a group bike ride along some of the popular local routes, I'm happy to bring my bike along and lead a group out. It being Somerset, I can select a pan flat route or include some mild "lumps" if that's your preference. Happy to lead novices, or club standard and can select circular loops of any distance (up to my own current fitness level, which is poor!) from 5 miles upwards.

On the subject of bicycle routes, if anyone fancies a group bike ride along some of the popular local routes, I'm happy to bring my bike along and lead a group out. It being Somerset, I can select a pan flat route or include some mild "lumps" if that's your preference. Happy to lead novices, or club standard and can select circular loops of any distance (up to my own current fitness level, which is poor!) from 5 miles upwards.

Thank you @Strong
I had better get out practising on my new Brompton! Not too sure about any 'lumps'!