Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Club Meet - Warren Farm, Brean Sands - This Weekend

Field 11 Warren Farm Holiday Centre
It was such nice weather today that we thought the Bristol Belle deserved an outing. We went to Brean to look at the site for the meet in May.
To get to the field follow signs on Weston Rd to Brean and you will arrive at a T junction. Turn right onto Warren Road and you will be heading Northwards towards the headland, Brean Down. Staying on this road drive past the main reception for Warren Farm and stay on this road. Pass a couple more entrances to other fields and you will come to Brean Down Inn on your right. Turn right immediately between this and the Sunnyside Fish Bar & Chinese Restaurant. There is a small reception here for the site which may be open. Go up the drive across the first field of static caravans and into the second field. Field 11. Our section is off to the left with a post and rail fence separating the pitches. There is a children's play area inside the fence and also water points.

20170403_121552.jpg 20170403_121554.jpg 20170403_121604.jpg 20170403_130049.jpg 20170403_130116.jpg 20170403_130144.jpg 20170403_121849.jpg20170403_121906.jpg
The first 6 pictures are of the field we are in and the last 2 are of the field next to it that has the view of Uphill and Weston in the distance. There are lots of Farm Walks that take you all round the site and up to the River Axe which leads to the crossing point on the sluices, which should be open by then.

There is lots to do around there for all ages, much of it within an easy walk. If the weather is like it was today, it will be fantastic.

See you there Simon & Helen

I imagine that will look awesome with loads of Cali's all lined up

Simon's directions are spot on.

Avoid the B3140 through Burnham-on-Sea at all costs - it's nose to tail from the motorway to Brean Down in season. Instead, if you leave the motorway at J22, which is what satnav will direct, take the A370 towards Weston-Super-Mare. At the village of Lympsham, turn left onto Lympsham Road and this will take you to Weston Road mentioned in Simon's directions above. If you miss the turning, don't worry, continue for another couple of miles until you reach the Anchor Inn (just after a Fiat dealer) and turn left down Accomodation Road. Again this eventually leads to Weston Road.

Simon's directions are spot on.

Avoid the B3140 through Burnham-on-Sea at all costs - it's nose to tail from the motorway to Brean Down in season. Instead, if you leave the motorway at J22, which is what satnav will direct, take the A370 towards Weston-Super-Mare. At the village of Lympsham, turn left onto Lympsham Road and this will take you to Weston Road mentioned in Simon's directions above. If you miss the turning, don't worry, continue for another couple of miles until you reach the Anchor Inn (just after a Fiat dealer) and turn left down Accomodation Road. Again this eventually leads to Weston Road.

My very last climbing accident was on Brean Down :(

I had just moved back to Somerset, 1987, North Petherton, and in a rather wine-driven reunion with old friends at Shipham decided to pop down to Boulder cove the following day.

Bad idea that was :sad

I decided to walk lands end - John'o'groats after that, both feett firmly on Earth :shocked

Anyway, I digress. I might just make this meet after all.

Booked... I am Willow and Penny are already dreaming on running on the beach...

Are there any other kids going? I mean under ten's?

Also interested to hear if anyone else is taking younger kids - our girl is 2 but is friendly with older kids. Only 2night stays left but reluctant to book unless there's a few other little ones she can play with.

I am unable to see the ages but so far we have around 9 kids attending.

Also we now have some more 3 night tickets available

We can hopefully make this now, just waiting to see if we have the grandkids or not that weekend.

Wonder if any Cali owners would be up for being interviewed about campervans and calis at this meet?

The Campervan Cookout project is progressing nicely but I felt it might be great to make a short film about us Cali owners and why we love the campervan life.

We only have 8 tickets left for this meet.
Remember you can't just turn up.

Walking & Cycle path to Uphill from Brean update
I've just got back from 5 days helping on the new part of the cycle path. Last year we finished at the sluices on the WsM side. We started the other side last weekend. A fence has to be built to shield the Redshanks from walkers and cyclists and this was being done as I left. The marsh is a SSSI and a lot of condions have had to be met to get permission for the path to be built.

The path goes across the sluices and around the back of Diamond Farm Touring Site
DSCF1416.JPG
Then alongside the very busy road on a dedicated path and into a field again
DSCF1396.JPG DSCF1410.JPG
There are a few drainage ditches that needed to be culverted
DSCF1434.JPG
Then along what used to be a grass verge up to the T junction in Brean
DSCF1414.JPG

There was a brief press release whilst we were there and a lot of people walked or cycled from Uphill to take a look. Quite a few came from Warren Farm site and from Brean to see how much quicker it was compared to the previous road route.
It isn't due to be officially opened until the end of May/early July, but it should be available to us on our visit.
Simon

Walking & Cycle path to Uphill from Brean update
I've just got back from 5 days helping on the new part of the cycle path. Last year we finished at the sluices on the WsM side. We started the other side last weekend. A fence has to be built to shield the Redshanks from walkers and cyclists and this was being done as I left. The marsh is a SSSI and a lot of condions have had to be met to get permission for the path to be built.

The path goes across the sluices and around the back of Diamond Farm Touring Site
View attachment 21083
Then alongside the very busy road on a dedicated path and into a field again
View attachment 21084 View attachment 21086
There are a few drainage ditches that needed to be culverted
View attachment 21085
Then along what used to be a grass verge up to the T junction in Brean
View attachment 21087

There was a brief press release whilst we were there and a lot of people walked or cycled from Uphill to take a look. Quite a few came from Warren Farm site and from Brean to see how much quicker it was compared to the previous road route.
It isn't due to be officially opened until the end of May/early July, but it should be available to us on our visit.
Simon
http://www.burnham-on-sea.com/news/2017/brean-cycle-way-unveiled-30-04-17.php

The path was opened this afternoon and there were up to 1000 people passing over the sluices before the organisers left.
Looks as if it will be a popular route. The rain yesterday and today will have made the surface harden off, so couldn't have been better timed.

Hi booked on the 20th March, payment taken, should I have had any conformation to bring with me.?