Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast media system graphics and updates

COAST22

COAST22

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
My Coast doesn’t have graphic station on the standard coast system. I have been advised this isn’t a function yet the brochure shows the opposite. Any Coast owners out there to clarify? What is the latest software version for this unit and how can it be updated beyond the dealer?

Kind Regards

John

Believe it or not VW have not offered the station tiles as part of the current T6.1 head units.
various threads on here & T6 forum, none seem to have solved the issue

Believe it or not VW have not offered the station tiles as part of the current T6.1 head units.
various threads on here & T6 forum, none seem to have solved the issue
Are you talking about the station name graphics as in the photo below? If so both my Oceans and the GC had them for most but not all stations.

IMG_0286.jpg

Are you talking about the station name graphics as in the photo below? If so both my Oceans and the GC had them for most but not all stations.

View attachment 105930
Yes, the Cali brochure shows these station graphics but the dealer said the system doesn’t have them?

Do you have / can you get DAB station icons ?
Yes. But not all stations.
I'll try and remember to take a photo in the morning.
Certainly have all the BBC ones, Talk Sport, Heart, Capitol etc
I seem to remember they have built up over time, so were not all there on day one.

I'll have a think about how & where they came from, I remember researching it on the first van but not had to do anything on the current one or the GC.
It could be something to do with we-connect.

I wonder what the difference is in head units, there are others who complain about the lack of station icons, they say they can’t be added on the T6.1 ?

post #7

Last edited:
I can confirm that I have a T6.1 and you cannot add missing station logos at all. Which is absolutely ridiculous to be honest

Can you post some images please?
As someone else has said, some station tiles are missing but that's more to do with the stations themselves I think. The same station tiles are missing on my Juke.
Coast 2021.

20230315_101645.jpg

Hi,
Mine does! 2021 coast

My dealer states the standard coast system radio tiles not available. Some say none can be added and you have them? A photo of your system showing the tiles would help with my correspondence with the dealer if you post ?

Kind Regards

John

As someone else has said, some station tiles are missing but that's more to do with the stations themselves I think. The same station tiles are missing on my Juke.
Coast 2021.

View attachment 105932
Thanks for taking the time the post. My media system is the more basic version so that explains it. The brochure does however show my system with radio tiles.

Thanks again

John

Back