Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast owners

J

Jandy61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Morning
Happy Coast owners, does your sliding door have the soft close feature as standard, ie, pulls the door into the frame to close to save a bit of a slam.
I don’t mean the power sliding door that pulls the door closed from fully open

Thanks again

No power latching on the Coast sliding door.... power latching on the tailgate only.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Side door close assist was not standard on the Coast and I only found out a couple of weeks after placing the order. The dealer was happy to add it @130 Euro together with the All Season 235 tyres.

Not able to option it in the UK... Bizarrely!
So it seems, it doesn’t matter how many videos you watch about the differences between Coast&Ocean, trying to make informed choices, there still are things like this that aren’t mentioned, I’m sure there’s others too, then add a completely different set of options from Europe just to confuse everyone more...

Very true, a few options that only seem available on Euro-spec Coasts that immediately come to mind are 199, DSG and 4motion, Edition package and pure grey paint, close assist and stiffer ARB's

Very true, a few options that only seem available on Euro-spec Coasts that immediately come to mind are 199, DSG and 4motion, Edition package and pure grey paint, close assist and stiffer ARB's
Good list, they seem so random. There are also packs that you cannot spec without another. Eg you must spec driver assistance plus to spec the sports package. Would be great to be able to talk to a VW human rather than a U.K. chat person who has to resort to ‘computer says no’ sometimes.

I’m not ordering the comfort mat bed extension, will the downstairs bed still be long enough to sleep on, just not sure what the bed extension is?
The 6.1 has the ratchet height back rest, surely that is the same length

I’m not ordering the comfort mat bed extension, will the downstairs bed still be long enough to sleep on, just not sure what the bed extension is?
It's a short mattress to cover the parcel shelf. If your 4' 6" not a problem without it.

Yes you're fine. That option is basically just the mattress. We haven't specced it either as found it uncomfortable so buying our own option instead.

Morning
Happy Coast owners, does your sliding door have the soft close feature as standard, ie, pulls the door into the frame to close to save a bit of a slam.
I don’t mean the power sliding door that pulls the door closed from fully open

Thanks again
I have power latching (soft close) on the sliding door and the tailgate its an extra over here in Ireland

The Salesman said it does but not having Owned a vehicle with a sliding door before I don't have anything to compare it to. I certainly don't need to slam it to close it but I wouldn't describe it as quiet. You can definitely see it in action on the tailgate though.

My “soft close” on my 2010 SE used to make a right din. If I was on a site and was popping out for a bit I used to leave the sliding door on the latch so to speak. It would still lock and I didn’t have to listen to the electrical whine whilst it pulled itself to. I believe the soft close now is much improved i.e. it doesn’t sound like you are strangling R2D2 anymore.

The Salesman said it does but not having Owned a vehicle with a sliding door before I don't have anything to compare it to. I certainly don't need to slam it to close it but I wouldn't describe it as quiet. You can definitely see it in action on the tailgate though.
Well it should be like the tailgate
I just pull the sliding door lightly and it just closes in softly its not loud at all

Any sliding door makes a lot of noise , very noticeble when on a busy campsite...
Even big white owners sometimes slam the door very loud but i think thats more a owner malfunction....:D
I’m sure the sliding door on a Coast would irritate lots of people if it was closed with reckless abandon. It must be possible to close it without waking up half the site. I was always worried that the mechanism on my SE was about to die. I shall post a full door closing report when I receive my Coast in a couple of weeks time. I’m sure that will get hundreds of views

Back