Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast...

J

Jandy61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hello
We are looking to buy a new Coast, I have a few questions if anyone could help..
Is the glass doubled glazed as in the ocean?
Is the dash the same, apart from the infotainment screens and digital display options.
I got a quote from a vw dealer ( in Liverpool)and the road fund was quoted at 260, is this correct for a Coast as it’s going to be around 55k
Thanks for help, I’ll list our options later and ask what your thoughts are, as trying to keep things under control...
Ta

- Dont believe the Coast is double glazed - if you go for the option of privacy glass then I believe front windscreen is insulated
- you can see the dash differences by either looking at a transporter van at dealers or take a look on youtube California Chris has a few videos explaining differences.
- make sure you get a quote from Drive the deal or another such site as the 10% discount should be price matched by your dealer.
- good luck trying to keep options under control thats a fine art!!

Ok, this will be our first campervan, tried to pick some options that we won’t regret not having in years to come, thoughts..
COAST
Ascot grey
LED front / rear lights
Removable towbar
Privacy glass
Panoramic front window in rooftop
Reversing Camara
Heated windscreen
Heated seats
Power closing side door, soft close?
Mud flaps

So this will be around 6 k cheaper than a ocean with added the options.
My thinking is, the difference can be used to pay for general running costs, insurance, road tax etc etc for a few years..

Ok, this will be our first campervan, tried to pick some options that we won’t regret not having in years to come, thoughts..
COAST
Ascot grey
LED front / rear lights
Removable towbar
Privacy glass
Reversing Camara
Heated windscreen
Heated seats
Mud flaps

My thinking is, the difference can be used to pay for general running costs, insurance, road tax etc etc for a few years..
Half of your options above are standard on the Ocean so I’m surprised the difference is still around 6k?

I’ve toyed with the configurator a few times and every time I add a few essentials to the Coast, it works out you may aswell go for an Ocean.

Unless of course you are adamant you want the Manual roof.

Half of your options above are standard on the Ocean so I’m surprised the difference is still around 6k?
We've ordered a Coast with the following spec, comes in around 53k with the 10% ish discount:
Starlight blue
Mudflaps
Panoramic view
Privacy glass
17inch Davenport wheels
Rear view camera
80l tank
COAST
Ascot grey
LED front / rear lights
Removable towbar
Privacy glass
Reversing Camara
Heated windscreen
Heated seats
Mud flaps

We've ordered a Coast with the following spec, comes in around 53k with the 10% ish discount:
Starlight blue
Mudflaps
Panoramic view
Privacy glass
17inch Davenport wheels
Rear view camera
80l tank

Power sliding door makes a beeping noise apparently - we don't want something that will wake the kids up!
I specced an ocean with what we want and it came in about 5k more, plus I'm not keen on having an electric roof, manual one is fine for us and hardly looks like it's some big effort/faff.

We would have to add the towbar and heated windscreen, so the ocean price starts to creep up, but yes it’s a close call

COAST
Ascot grey
LED front / rear lights
Removable towbar
Privacy glass
Reversing Camara
Heated windscreen
Heated seats
Mud flaps

Personally I would leave off the heated windscreen, heated seats, power closing side door :)

Starlight blue
Mudflaps
Panoramic view
Privacy glass
17inch Davenport wheels
Rear view camera
80l tank

Starlight blue
Mudflaps
Panoramic view
Privacy glass
17inch Davenport wheels
Rear view camera
80l tank

Power sliding door makes a beeping noise apparently - we don't want something that will wake the kids up!
I specced an ocean with what we want and it came in about 5k more, plus I'm not keen on having an electric roof, manual one is fine for us and hardly looks like it's some big effort/faff.

But for me, I’d have to have the LEDs, Fogs and heated seats, and based on your spec, that would reduce the difference down to about 3k!

The manual roof is absolutely fine, I’ve had to have it on both the Beaches I’ve had!

You’ll love your Coast for sure but from experience, I’d recommend considering all options because you won’t want to sell it so buy right once!

Starlight blue
Mudflaps
Panoramic view
Privacy glass
17inch Davenport wheels
Rear view camera
80l tank

Starlight blue
Mudflaps
Panoramic view
Privacy glass
17inch Davenport wheels
Rear view camera
80l tank

Oh I didn’t know it beeped, I was thinking not having to slam door waking up the site etc, I got a quote of 55k from Drive the deal with all the above options, j 57k from a dealer

I’ve toyed with the configurator a few times and every time I add a few essentials to the Coast, it works out you may aswell go for an Ocean.

Hellow
I don't understand; I also played with the configurator, both ours (Belgium) and yours.
We ordered a coast at the end of August and more than 8,000 euros difference between the coast (150 hp/dsg with options) and an ocean (same, little options), both with the same discount. My extras: heater, radio with GPS, rear view camera and sensors, electrically folding mirrors, light & vision plus package, sliding door closing aid, cruise control, large opening at the front of the fabric, comfort mattress, sliding window in sliding door, sound-insulating glass with tinted windows, 17 inch steel rims and larger brakes at the front, telephone induction charging function, 5th seat, bicycle rack and some small things. We chose the options based on experience and wishes from the past 8 years of traveling and making trips with our T4 westfalia: what do we have and want to keep, what do we not have and do we want, what do we not have and do not need (electro-hydraulic roof).
Greetings

Just gone over the quotes again and it’s almost 5k cost difference.
Also I had forgot, I added front fogs to the Coast.

Things I won’t have, are electric roof and 17 inch alloys, are there any other big differences iv not thought about,

Personally I would leave off the heated windscreen, heated seats, power closing side door :)
My work van has heated seats and windscreen, it’s chilly further up north...
I might drop the power door now I know it beeps, doh

Things I won’t have, are electric roof and 17 inch alloys, are there any other big differences iv not thought about,

I have the 17 inch steel rims because of the bigger brakes in the front that I had to take because it is a 5 person.
Greetings and enjoy the waiting for your coast, ours will be deliverd in May 2021...
although today we changed the color and the dealer told us that the delivery could also be a little earlier ...

My work van has heated seats and windscreen, it’s chilly further up north...
I might drop the power door now I know it beeps, doh
[/QUOTE
It was the dealer who told us it beeps.. so we didn't order as we wanted it so we wouldn't have to slam shut and make a noise too! He did say it's soft power assisted anyway -like the one we saw whilst there which closed really nicely without a great deal of effort

Hellow
I don't understand; I also played with the configurator, both ours (Belgium) and yours.
We ordered a coast at the end of August and more than 8,000 euros difference between the coast (150 hp/dsg with options) and an ocean (same, little options), both with the same discount. My extras: heater, radio with GPS, rear view camera and sensors, electrically folding mirrors, light & vision plus package, sliding door closing aid, cruise control, large opening at the front of the fabric, comfort mattress, sliding window in sliding door, sound-insulating glass with tinted windows, 17 inch steel rims and larger brakes at the front, telephone induction charging function, 5th seat, bicycle rack and some small things. We chose the options based on experience and wishes from the past 8 years of traveling and making trips with our T4 westfalia: what do we have and want to keep, what do we not have and do we want, what do we not have and do not need (electro-hydraulic roof).
Greetings

Specs vary from country to country, other than the manual roof a UK Coast is better specced in many ways than a European market Ocean. In Switzerland there's 4.5k CHF difference between Coast and Ocean, which is pretty much covered by the LED headlights, aux heater and heated seats alone.

Every market seems to have its own differences, here the Coast is pretty much pointless unless you want the 81KW engine (not available in Ocean spec), but in other places it makes more sense.

Thats must be the double glazing in the rear 5 windows,
it might not be on offer in the UK.

I have these options, it has double glazing on the tailgate and rearmost side windows, the 'mid' windows are single glazed with the sliding openings, and the front (cab) is apparently sound insulating but I'm not sure what the difference is to the standard one here.

Great, that sounds good, we haven’t visited a dealer yet, we’re just getting the basics sorted of what we need, want , but it’s not that straight forward..

Straightforward is that the Leccy roof can end up
being not too luxurious.

Just gone over the quotes again and it’s almost 5k cost difference.
Also I had forgot, I added front fogs to the Coast.

Sat Nav
Digital Cockpit
Interior LED lighting in Roof and Boot
Climatronic 3 zone Air Con

Specs vary from country to country, other than the manual roof a UK Coast is better specced in many ways than a European market Ocean. In Switzerland there's 4.5k CHF difference between Coast and Ocean, which is pretty much covered by the LED headlights, aux heater and heated seats alone.

Every market seems to have its own differences, here the Coast is pretty much pointless unless you want the 81KW engine (not available in Ocean spec), but in other places it makes more sense.

yes, I also noticed when I was working with the configurator for the UK: there is a big difference between coast and ocean if you configure a similar california. And take into account the same discount with both of course. I don't need LED lights at the front and rear, the digital dashboard and the electro-hydraulic roof, hence a coast. Ours 150 hp and dsg and enough options. Still 8.000 euros between them.... Even with the higher equipment, so with us it certainly makes sense. The differences in the UK between a coast and ocean are big enough ... but each his choise and idea about the difference when payday comes.
greetings

Thats must be the double glazing in the rear 5 windows,
it might not be on offer in the UK.
I have these options, it has double glazing on the tailgate and rearmost side windows, the 'mid' windows are single glazed with the sliding openings, and the front (cab) is apparently sound insulating but I'm not sure what the difference is to the standard one here.
correct,
I can't add anything to that. (What they told me was that the glass has an extra layer, is thicker, but is not double glass.)

and the front (cab) is apparently sound insulating but I'm not sure what the difference is to the standard one here.
So, maybe double glazing is a different thing to the sound insulating
spec on the configurator. A single piece of glass will have an acoustic
sign or indication, like these.
are-all-windshields-acoustic-glass.jpg
Only you can tell us if its quieter :)