Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cock up of the day

Betty67

Betty67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
As it is now warm and summery last night pre departure fo a weekend in Dartmoor we’re discussing the merits of what duvet we take as it can get hot in van, and I am usually too hot, the wife likes to be hot farther than cold one im the other way as you can just put a jumper on, any way convinced her to pack a summer duvet, thought I had done well to find on arrival at site , no bloody duvet had been packed. I blame her for being indecisive.
Could do with a post section “cock up of the day award” coats and jumpers it is then.
What is your best Cock Up?

As it is now warm and summery last night pre departure fo a weekend in Dartmoor we’re discussing the merits of what duvet we take as it can get hot in van, and I am usually too hot, the wife likes to be hot farther than cold one im the other way as you can just put a jumper on, any way convinced her to pack a summer duvet, thought I had done well to find on arrival at site , no bloody duvet had been packed. I blame her for being indecisive.
Could do with a post section “cock up of the day award” coats and jumpers it is then.
Driving over a surfboard that I had left under the van (twin wheelbase great white!)

FBFC2747-4E5F-459D-920D-EECAFC39EA67.jpeg

Haha we did same thing couple of years ago - arrived at Dawlish Warren, no pillows or duvet - quick run up to the local Sainsbury’s - plus came away with solar lights for awning ropes. Now have tick list stuck to rear cupboard door as a tick off list.

Loaned my induction saucepans from the van to my son for his new cooker then went off camping with loads of food and no pans.

Driven under height barrier with bikes on the roof………twice.
I’ve so nearly done that with bikes on the rack, which stick up above roof height, could have been messy :oops:

Also nearly drove off the drive with electric hook up attached, wondered what the bonging noise was as I set off, surely the roofs not open:rolleyes:, just caught sight of the cable in my wing mirror before it got ripped out, phew…

I’ve just arrived to a wild camp in the Welsh mountains with my chocolate Labrador and I’ve forgotten his lead and harness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42A04AFD-5BF7-4267-911C-D4B1BAD43144.jpegTailgate bike rack stays open and stable with two bikes on, but don’t do this with the roof up!

I'm a self confessed serial boot leaver opener.

I've done it twice now. It's usually after picnic stop. I wake up after a nice post prandial and drive off with the boot still open, dropping the contents all over the road like a muck spreader.

Also we parked at the top of the Grossglockner pass in the Alps several years ago and went off to do some sight seeing and feed our faces with Apfelstrudel und Kaffee. Got back to the van to find the back door open. Thought we'd been burgled but it was just yours truly who'd forgotten to close it. So that makes three times! :Nailbiting

Last edited:
I’m ace at leaving the boot open. Make myself a nice cuppa and sit inside thinking to myself the heater is struggling a bit today just like a big wally

We are of an age now where a nice folding caravan step is worth taking with us. Except we never got to use it as we left it in the lay-by where we stopped for a cup of tea. My excuse: it started to rain so we stayed indoors and moved from the back seat through the gap between them to the front seats, forgot all about the damn thing.

We are of an age now where a nice folding caravan step is worth taking with us. Except we never got to use it as we left it in the lay-by where we stopped for a cup of tea. My excuse: it started to rain so we stayed indoors and moved from the back seat through the gap between them to the front seats, forgot all about the damn thing.
:) often forget things myself these days. Sometimes comes in handy.

Great idea for a thread

personally I’ve managed to get from the campsite near Lacock across the dual carriageway and up to the roundabout before j noticed the boot was open. Nothing fell out!! I had been wondering though why the ‘idiot’ behind me kept flashing his lights

VW …… why is there no sensor!

Driven off with the hook-up still connected. minor panel damage, plug still in the van but a live 240v cable draped across the grass.

Now i loop it up an drape it over the drivers side windscreen as a reminder.