Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collapsible fabric dog crate

Wobble’s Mum

Wobble’s Mum

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I know there are long threads already on carrying your dogs, but I am specifically looking for recommendations on the above.

I would like to find a good quality, foldable fabric dog crate.

Does anyone have experience of these that they would be willing to share?

We bought this one a couple of years ago from Amazon and it has been good all round and I see it's still available, with good reviews. We haven't used it on anything like a daily basis, usually only when pooch is muddy, but it seems like it would have stood up to reasonable levels of daily use. Certainly the fabric feels like decent quality. However our dog is a spaniel, not a big dog.

It folds down easily, you unzip the top panel, reach in and detach the pair of top tubes and then it folds flat. There's a very slight knack to it but after a couple of times I had it down pat.

upload_2019-1-10_9-3-17.png

upload_2019-1-10_9-2-32.png

Hi,

I know there are long threads already on carrying your dogs, but I am specifically looking for recommendations on the above.

I would like to find a good quality, foldable fabric dog crate.

Does anyone have experience of these that they would be willing to share?
We’ve used this for our lab to travel and sleep in for the last four years. It folds into a bag but we usually just squash it flat as it’s light and easy to carry.

A8CB1782-8A26-4E1C-8629-9CE33780E15E.jpeg

We use about thesame a above like shown by @Velma's Dad and we are very happy with it and so is the dog ;)
Takes up verry litlle space while folded up / camping .
When traveling it is on the floor behind our front seats , when we stop for lunch or short breaks we just put it outside next to the Cali (if the weather is ok ) otherwise we fold it up , only takes 2min .

That looks brill.

Do you (or @hotel california) know who makes this one so I can look it up online?
Just Google Dogbag. Different sizes and suppliers available. It’s a bit like a mini pop-up tent. We do the same as Hotel California i.e. when we have a break while travelling we just lift it out of the van and place it outside. Our dog likes to be zipped in to sleep at night - either in the boot (it fits nicely) or outside in the driveaway awning. We also use it when he shares ferry cabins or hotel rooms with us. He loves it.

588A62FB-E1BB-4389-B4D8-1AA0ECA75696.jpeg

We use one very similar to Velma’s dad.
I think we got it at PetsatHome.
It’s great, get’s used everyday, folds down well. At night ,we leave under van or in boot if camping. Dogs sleep with us on bed. Much lighter than a metal one and doesn’t rattle. We put vetbed in the bottom.