Comfort Dash already broken.....

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Forgive the rubbish graphic, but the right hinge of this part has already given way. And before you ask, I'm a clockmaker and can generally handle things built for builders without breaking them.......
dash.JPG
Anyone else suffered the same fate?

It shouldn't.

Presumably under warranty?

Forgive the rubbish graphic, but the right hinge of this part has already given way. And before you ask, I'm a clockmaker and can generally handle things built for builders without breaking them.......
View attachment 31419
Confused. The info under your Avatar says T5 SE and your Signature says T6.
Should be a Warranty repair if it is a T6.

Confused. The info under your Avatar says T5 SE and your Signature says T6.
Should be a Warranty repair if it is a T6.
Yep a bit tricky at the moment as I've got both. T5 is valeted, deposit received, awaiting collection (and me finding the remote). The T6 is here and awaiting decent temperatures to stick all the brandrup velcro on!

It shouldn't.

Presumably under warranty?
Yes hopefully all covered with a smile when it goes in for a service, but I sort of hoped that a few here had suffered similar failures so I can defend any accusations of hamfistedness.

It happened to me. Van was 3 months old. Dealer fixed it under warranty no questions asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 31419
Your steering wheel is on the wrong side, i think that´s the problem.
On a euro VW they probably work fine.
You´ve got the post brexit model. Lol.

It happened to me. Van was 3 months old. Dealer fixed it under warranty no questions asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far it’s a Northern thing then Geoff! Must be the cold temperatures....

Wouldn’t have broken on your 4 ;)

Wouldn’t have broken on your 4 ;)
Too right! And in the unlikely event it had, I would have been able to fix it myself with a swift kick ;)

Back