Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort Dash - top cubby stuck shut

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Not sure what's happened, maybe a face mask string has gone into the mechanism :)

Has anyone got a pic of how it opens (the catch)? I've tried gently prying with a dash took while pressing the button and wiggling it but no luck so far. The button doesn't seem to want to press down as far as it used to but I've never paid that much attention to it until now!

Any ideas?

Not sure what's happened, maybe a face mask string has gone into the mechanism :)

Has anyone got a pic of how it opens (the catch)? I've tried gently prying with a dash took while pressing the button and wiggling it but no luck so far. The button doesn't seem to want to press down as far as it used to but I've never paid that much attention to it until now!

Any ideas?
Some pics of mine
20200911_114546.jpg
20200911_114606.jpg
20200911_114624.jpg

Perfect, that gives me a good idea where to slide some thin cards in :)

All done, couldn't really see what caused the jam but some still cardboard slid in by the catches got it open.

I can get to my parking permit now :)

mine also plays up. usually sticks open as the button doesn't go in when clicking shut. i tried some spray in the moving parts and seems to have improved it. i can't see a way of getting it apart to look at it properly