Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort insurance replace for brand new

S

steve and lisa

VIP Member
Just getting some quotes for our new T6 which we are picking up in October and when speaking to Comfort they said they promise to pay out list price if a new vehicle is written off within the first two years. Is this standard with all policies as none of the others mentioned this? Comfort did come out at quite a good prce even with our side bars which added an extra £18 per year which surprised me as they were dealer fitted.

Just getting some quotes for our new T6 which we are picking up in October and when speaking to Comfort they said they promise to pay out list price if a new vehicle is written off within the first two years. Is this standard with all policies as none of the others mentioned this? Comfort did come out at quite a good prce even with our side bars which added an extra £18 per year which surprised me as they were dealer fitted.
Caravan & Motorhome Club do as well.

If you want GAP insurance then be carful as some polices stipulate a maximum time of ownership prior to taking out their policy, I think after 2 years it will be to late

Safeguard do as well, for the first two years

I think Comfort have a 15000 mile limit on their new4old cover, whereas C&MC had no limit. No good to me though if C&MC don't insure Beaches! I'm still undecided on the whole Gap Insurance thing.

We have new for old for the first 2 years on C&CC insurance . Best quote for us out of C&MC,Comfort ,Safeguard & C&CC.

Good news Steve& Lisa on your new T6.

If your policy says new for old then that's that, if you then take out GAP insurance you muddy the issue.
You can only claim on one policy, don't be in the position where insurers can bounce you from one to the other.

In days gone by I had the then Caravan Club insurance on a new Caravan , with New for Old . It was wiped out on the M4, 1st trip, by a coach clipping the rear. Was a right off as it snaked and tipped over. Within 3 weeks we had taken delivery of a brand new replacement. Ours was an end of year model and we ended up with a New Year model with standard extras. No hassle, no fuss.

Is Comfort 2yr/15k or 3yrs/15k for replacement? Spoke to them last week and I now cant remember !. When I changed the van on my current policy (Westfalia Amundsen to Cali) I asked if they sold GAP and when they described their replacement clause I decided this would be sufficient (think VW quoted about 350 for 3 years GAP). Shame I couldn't get a part-refund on the 3rd party breakdown cover which I no longer need. At least it will save me a bit next year (to put towards the Road tax!)

Back