Comfortz Cali Wrap? Rainbow Screens

S

SMAC

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi All, after a bit of help if possible please?

Looking at either a Comfortz Cali Wrap or one from Rainbow Screens. There doesn't seem to be much info out there on the Comfortz so does anyone know if:

1) It is one piece or three pieces attached together by velcro?
2) The website gives an option of having vents and no PVC windows but then states with an Ocean "If vents are chosen for an Ocean – this will come with 2 side vents and 1 PVC window in the front". So assuming all versions for an Ocean come with a front window. Does it come with a window insert to black it out?
3) Has anyone used both? And what would your opinions be?
4) Are there any other external wrap brands people would put forward? And why?

Many Thanks

Steve

Comfortz is three pieces attached together with Velcro (and a fourth piece which goes across the back). No blanking panel for the window but depending on your age of Cali might not matter (6.1s have pretty much light proof material). The window is great on rainy days as you can open the inside vent and let light flood in even though it’s tipping it down.

Thank you very much for clarifying. I assume you own the comfortz wrap? Is assembly easy being that it is in pieces? I guess what I am asking is how easy is it to attach the front panel to the sides? Do you do this before wrapping it around the pop top?

I have one which Vw paid for. easy enough to put on if you have a little stool. I got one from dunelm £10.00.

Thank you very much for clarifying. I assume you own the comfortz wrap? Is assembly easy being that it is in pieces? I guess what I am asking is how easy is it to attach the front panel to the sides? Do you do this before wrapping it around the pop top?
Comfortz Caliwrap. All 3 pieces are normally joined and rolled up in the bag, never taken it apart. Its rigid as there are 2 poles in the front section corners to keep it upright on the corners.

Unroll it carefully, easier with 2. On the windscreen. Feed each side down the side past the pop top side bars. As said, you need a small stool to get higher to pull it through. Helper feeds and lift the front up. When you have done both sides even it up at the back, put the extra bit in and attach the budgie cords. Sorted. Getting it off is easy.

Comfortz Caliwrap. All 3 pieces are normally joined and rolled up in the bag, never taken it apart. Its rigid as there are 2 poles in the front section corners to keep it upright on the corners.

Unroll it carefully, easier with 2. On the windscreen. Feed each side down the side past the pop top side bars. As said, you need a small stool to get higher to pull it through. Helper feeds and lift the front up. When you have done both sides even it up at the back, put the extra bit in and attach the budgie cords. Sorted. Getting it off is easy.
Awesome, thank you Phil. One last question!! Any condensation problems?

I have the same item, comfortz wrap, no condensation, and I often put mine around the outside of the bars as I’m working alone. Really easy, I usually stand on the porta potti in its dunelm box saves carrying more items.

Awesome, thank you Phil. One last question!! Any condensation problems?
Not on the trips we have done this year. Think the extra insulation helps but the top vents are covered, not tried to undo the velcro in the corner of the Caliwrap to help ventilation. We use a comfortz screen cover as well, which helps on the inside of the screen. I fitted wind deflectors to the doors, so I can crack open the windows a bit. You have to face fact, the moisture from up to 4 people has to go somewhere. So you need some heat and ventilation in there.

I have the same item, comfortz wrap, no condensation, and I often put mine around the outside of the bars as I’m working alone. Really easy, I usually stand on the porta potti in its dunelm box saves carrying more items.
Likewise, over the bars. We also use a Comfortz roof topper, so all is protected from the rain ands wind.