Comfortz Leisure Awning Room T6.1 - what to do when sloping roof for rain?

M

myvanrodney

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Not sure if this has been discussed in detail (coudnt find anything with a search), but anyone have any tricks or tips of how to peg out or install the awning room with sufficient fall on the roof for effective drainage WHILE not making it look like you live in wonky land?

... Ive never put up the awning with the top horizontal (always risk of rain in the UK), so never really been able to enjoy the custom fit of this awning room.

Thanks!

Not sure if this has been discussed in detail (coudnt find anything with a search), but anyone have any tricks or tips of how to peg out or install the awning room with sufficient fall on the roof for effective drainage WHILE not making it look like you live in wonky land?

... Ive never put up the awning with the top horizontal (always risk of rain in the UK), so never really been able to enjoy the custom fit of this awning room.

Thanks!
I’m interested in this also, not yet had chance to put up our awning room. However, the nice lady at Campervanbits shop told me she just dropped the height of 1 awning leg to allow for run off? Not sure how wonky it looks though.

I have a awning room which i must say coming in very handy. The first time i used it i didnt make one leg shorter woke up and there was a puddle which caused the awning to sag in the middle.
Now i make one leg shorter than the other not by much and if the awning is tight the water just runs off.

Buy a fiamma pro curved rafter for about £70, it comes with universal rubber ends and when placed in middle of awning supports material creating run off to each side, also stops pooling in centre of awning material. In torrential rain you will still need a slight skew on legs

Buy a fiamma pro curved rafter for about £70, it comes with universal rubber ends and when placed in middle of awning supports material creating run off to each side, also stops pooling in centre of awning material. In torrential rain you will still need a slight skew on legs
Never new such a thing existed! Thanks
Will look to see it it fits the Cali awning, thule i think, or if there is an equivalent

Never new such a thing existed! Thanks
Will look to see it it fits the Cali awning, thule i think, or if there is an equivalent
It does fit, the Thule one is straight and useless, my curved fiamma one fitted the Thule omnistor on my beach, it now fits my motorhome

Just to clarify, Im referring to the 'wonkiness' of the comfortz leisure awning sides (not the roof).

The awning sides are obviously custom cut to fit a horizontally flat awning roof to make a nice even 'box' or 'awning room'. In my case however, when ensuring there is sufficient fall on the awning roof to drain rainwater, the sides become all wonky because they become too long and are cut at right angles.

Perhaps it would have been better to establish a standard 'fall' on the roof and then manufacture the sides to this dimension rather than to make a perfectly symmetrical box

Anyone solved this first world conundrum?

Thanks all.,.

I’ve given up with my curved rafter because, if you get very heavy rain, it will still fill the roof up with water. You just get two pools rather than one and if you drop a leg then water gets trapped on the high side behind the rafter and can’t drain. At Camperjam last year my awning was saved by a forum member spotting it was full of water, with the rafter fitted, and bailing it out. I’ve since sent it for recycling !