Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz leisure awning room

Red wine lover

Red wine lover

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Hi there, just got a new to us Cali. Looking at the comfortz leisure fiamma awning 'room'
Is there anyone near Poole that has one as I need to see if it is something that I easily attach.
Any help?

Couldn't not be easier really. Main section slides into rail of awning, other sections just wrap over and zio up.
5 minutes max.

When you have done it a few times it’s a doddle. it can be a bit of a pig on Some Spanish campsites knocking all those pegs in hard ground....We wouldn’t do without it......

Do these fix to the van itself, or is there a gap between the van and the room? Appreciate views particularly from recent buyers, as it looks like Comfortz have changed the design
https://www.comfortzleisure.net/product/comfortz-vw-california-awning-kit-camping-room-with-windows/

I was looking at the Fiamma small van privacy room as an alternative to that, for about £100 more. Advantage would be that it has a ceiling integral with the sides, so no draughty gap at the top of the sides & has a lot more window. Down side is that it might be 10cm too wide. Looks as quick to put up & folds to a small package that weighs 4.6kg. fiamma.jpg

I was looking at the Fiamma small van privacy room as an alternative to that, for about £100 more. Advantage would be that it has a ceiling integral with the sides, so no draughty gap at the top of the sides & has a lot more window. Down side is that it might be 10cm too wide. Looks as quick to put up & folds to a small package that weighs 4.6kg. View attachment 75248
Yes I thought the awning is 2.6m long, as you say this is 2.7m, but seems to be fitted to a Cali (or could it be a conversion?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiamma-S...ampervan-Van-Conversion-Ripstop-/352507891604

Yes I thought the awning is 2.6m long, as you say this is 2.7m, but seems to be fitted to a Cali (or could it be a conversion?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiamma-S...ampervan-Van-Conversion-Ripstop-/352507891604
Clue’s in the title - conversion!
They must make one for California’s?

Looking at the pictures though if you google it, it seems to sit far more than 5cm inside the ends of the awning at each end.
If its just a case of needing to adjust the straps that go to the legs it would work.

Really just need someone else to buy one to test it first.
fiamma 2.jpg

Do these fix to the van itself, or is there a gap between the van and the room? Appreciate views particularly from recent buyers, as it looks like Comfortz have changed the design
https://www.comfortzleisure.net/product/comfortz-vw-california-awning-kit-camping-room-with-windows/
No
We have the additional side pieces so there’s no gap, there’s a skirt at the bottom so no gap there either.

F31BB0CF-848D-43D1-B944-6364177373EF.jpeg

5F4504CA-5E9A-480C-A0F5-70AC242F300F.jpeg

BBCB1C3C-5147-4DA0-B113-EF6E2C26CE0D.jpeg

F0B9FF84-0C02-42C0-A6D2-0FB2B74D9F7D.jpeg

We have a Comfortz on order. From your picture #BeagleMum the sides sit tight to the van. That's good, did you buy an extra for that or is that how it comes?

We have a Comfortz on order. From your picture #BeagleMum the sides sit tight to the van. That's good, did you buy an extra for that or is that how it comes?
We ordered 2 additional side strips so it sits really tight to the Cali, we got them from the club shop quite some time ago.

We've had the Comfortz one for years. We often use just one end or the front by itself just to keep the wind off on wild camps. The two bags fit in the tailgate with chairs. A mod we have done is to get a couple of telescopic clothes line props which fit on the ends of the awning. The sides hang from these rather than the awning legs so we get a useful extra soace inside. Nick has sewn an extra length of velcro on the front section at the ends to accommodate this.

We've had the Comfortz one for years. We often use just one end or the front by itself just to keep the wind off on wild camps. The two bags fit in the tailgate with chairs. A mod we have done is to get a couple of telescopic clothes line props which fit on the ends of the awning. The sides hang from these rather than the awning legs so we get a useful extra soace inside. Nick has sewn an extra length of velcro on the front section at the ends to accommodate this.
Ooh...any photos?

Yes please on the photos

Not very good I'm afraid but it does show the pole position. You can see the normal velcro strip whicj is used when the sides are hung from the awning legs. Hope this helps. It probably gains about a 18ins of space and squares the ends off.P1040715small.jpg

Thank you that’s very interesting, can I ask what the central pole is ? Is it the fiamma one ?

We have just got the fiamma beam, but can’t find anywhere to store it in the van that’s out of the way, unless we are missing a trick ?

We ordered 2 additional side strips so it sits really tight to the Cali, we got them from the club shop quite some time ago.
Hi BeagleMum, having had a really cold wind blasting through the gap between the Comfortz Awning Room and the van, i’ve now got the Infills on order from the Club Shop. I know they Velcro to the side panels but can I ask how you secure yours to the van?

Hi BeagleMum, having had a really cold wind blasting through the gap between the Comfortz Awning Room and the van, i’ve now got the Infills on order from the Club Shop. I know they Velcro to the side panels but can I ask how you secure yours to the van?
I bought a packet of lots small cheap magnets.

I bought a packet of lots small cheap magnets.
Thanks AlisonF.
Hopefully no problems with the fill in panels causing abrasion marks on the paintwork? The Club Shop has a disclaimer.

We did consider magnets but being unsure about possible paint issues on the vehicle we haven’t used them. So far we haven’t used anything, just put the panels tight up to the van. This has worked okay so far but we haven’t encountered inclement weather. Still work in progress to find a solution in bad weather. We will be interested to know what you decide to do.

Thanks AlisonF.
Hopefully no problems with the fill in panels causing abrasion marks on the paintwork? The Club Shop has a disclaimer.
I didn’t use the club shop ones. I had a Jormax panel which I wasn’t using (the draught exclude was too tall for the Cali so I cut it in half horizonrally and used the excess material. Got some extra strong velcro to connect one edge to Camping Room and then used magnets on the smooth material on the Cali. Worked well for me. If it was stormy then maybe they’d move - but then I’d use the Vango and not the wind out awning anyway.

Back