Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz Leisure Thermal Screen - photos & first impressions

spiderstu

spiderstu

VIP Member
Hi all,

I thought you might like to see some photos of the new Comfortz Leisure thermal screen. I picked it up earlier today and first impressions are very good. Obviously I haven't had a chance to try it out overnight (the first outing will be next weekend).

It fits very well, and rolls up nice and small into the bag provided - a big plus for me as the van is already jam packed full of stuff.

If anyone is at Camperjam next weekend and wants to take a look then let me know. I should have the full set of awning sides with me as well.

Cheers

Stu

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372444935.659449.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372444957.760257.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372444979.964692.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372444999.008381.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372445018.592999.jpg

Re: Comfortz Leisure Thermal Screen - photos & first impress

Looking good :thumb

I saw these on tue they are excellent quality as always :thumb good work nick

Cheers Stu,
I'm glad you like the cover and nice to see you again :thumb

Oli, your cover's next on my list!

Cheers Nick

looks good and very very familiar ..... :thumb :lol:

I have only just received mine too, in the same colour, silver/grey. Fits beautifully and keeps the inside of the van lovely and cool on warm days, as well as providing a simple and easily-fitted blackout. I've ditched the VW screen and front widow blackouts for our forthcoming trip. It's going to be useful too in winter to keep the screen ice-free - a great bit of kit! I will be bringing mine to Calis en Champagne, so anyone interested can have a look.

Hello Folks,
Just to update everyone who has shown interest in the Thermal windscreen covers,
They're now on sale here http://www.comfortzleisure.co.uk/#/t5-thermal-windscreen-cover/4577806391
RRP - £124.99 VIP Members £109

People are still having a little trouble logging into the discounted area of the website - so just a reminder that there's a unique password held in the VIP area of this forum which allows you full access to the Comfortz Leisure website - If anyone has any problems with this at all - please don't hesitate in giving me a call - 01246 825873 - Nick Wilmot

Cheers
Nick

Just returned from 21/2 weeks in France using the Thermal screen every day......best bit of kit that we have bought this year. Daily temps of 34-35C yet this screen maintained inside of camper at a very comfortable temperature well below that of ambient - almost cool! Fits well, takes about a minute to install and remove. We spoke to and were approached by several VW owners and recommended it to everyone. If you are heading south in the summer and want to use the camper for living/sleeping in buy this bit of kit, its worth every penny.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback I'm glad it served you well! It is remarkable how much difference they make, when we had the hot spell a few weeks ago, I had mine on just so it wasn't too hot getting into the van at the end of a working day - they do work well - even I do say so myself.

I've had several requests to design one for the T4 and we've just finished the prototype, so it should be added to the website shortly.

Picture below :D
Cheers
Nick

20130801_171347_zpscd19bb8d.jpg

20130801_171347_zpscd19bb8d.jpg

Just a quick question : doesn't the sunlight passes through the bottom rear corner ?

Hi, do you mean near the door handle?
You may get a bit around the wing mirror I guess but it does a great job as a black out blind!

I'm sure the folks who has purchased one will feedback :D

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick, you've managed to grasp the meaning of my poor english. I do mean near the door handle :D

None of the thermo screens are perfect and you will struggle to get 100% blackout ,but nick has done a good job and gets pretty close .. :thumb :thumb ;)

Hopefully this helps....it's a dark photo but you should get the idea.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376948392.703997.jpg

It's a dark photo and thats the way you want it to look :bananadance :upsidedown

It does look pretty good indeed !

Just using this older tread for a question at Nick or anyone that can give info on what the prupose of the extended piece of velcro is....
I got a thermal screen cover bought at COTF 2014 and always asked myself what is that extra flap of velcro suppose to do.....
On the pic it is detached from the inner side...it is sewed on the big piece covering the front screen one long piece but it seems to be 10 cm to long...
image.jpg

Hi there, its designed to wrap around the back of the side panel and give some extra support for in windy conditions. So when detaching you'd part the velcro from the bottom upwards. Nothing cool attached unfortunately :thumb

Am planning to take my cali, wife and two children for ski weekends. Does anyone have experience of this product i) in getting rid of overnight snow off the windscreen, ii) reducing condensation (currently a moderate problem for the four of us even with the roof windows open). Thanks

You won't go wrong with one of Nick's windscreen covers to quality
Work really well

Believe it or not - I have just been discussing this, this morning! Manufacturing a Cali-Topper out of the same silver reflective material as the windscreen cover. Our thoughts were this would not have the insulation in as the windscreen cover does and would be used in a hotter climate to reflect the heat away, whilst protecting from rain and showers. I'd expect this fabric to fold down even smaller than our compact Cali-Topper does too as its slightly thinner than the normal 500 denier that we use.

As a side note, we went away for the new year with 3 other VW's to Whitby (has a great time there too - it was so busy!) and a Mazda Bongo - all of which had internal screens. When we left the other four couples were all mopping up the condensation from their front windows - and they were all stood with there - jaws open - when I pealed back the thermal screen to reveal no condensation!

Any experience with the topper interfering with the VW wind deflectors? Just about to order & fit some & the topper is on the shopping list after that.