Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz Thermal WIndscreen Cover

CampervanBits

CampervanBits

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
N/A
Another great photo of the Comfortz Thermal windscreen cover in silver that was sent in by a customer at Turner Hall Farm Campsite at Seathwaite in Cumbria which kept the van cooler on a hot sunny day. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-t5-t6-thermal-windscreen-cover
☀
1f60e.png

363827737_943879050002765_7192511983961246537_n.jpg

And if it rains and you have the new bellows perfect for keeping dry! ;)

Hello, may i ask if this cover will fit over the VW wind deflectors i have fitted to both drivers and passenger door frames? I ask as i read that the cover is a tight fit already. Thanks

We use ours with Heko deflectors and have no issues. FYI - we have a T6 and the cover was bought in 2017.

They are fantastic, up to a point. They do keep the van cooler in the blistering sunshine but when it rains they soak up lots of water and unless you have a spare day of sunshine to dry it out you end up having to but them away wet.
As long as you remember to dry them before you put the van away for the winter…..

Last edited:
Hello, may i ask if this cover will fit over the VW wind deflectors i have fitted to both drivers and passenger door frames? I ask as i read that the cover is a tight fit already. Thanks
Mine works however I it does flap a little so added some magnets inside bottom of the door sections.
The velcro for securing the cover to the door handles could be a better design such as a webbing clip buckle which could be adjusted as found on rucksacks.

Mine works however I it does flap a little so added some magnets inside bottom of the door sections.
The velcro for securing the cover to the door handles could be a better design such as a webbing clip buckle which could be adjusted as found on rucksacks.
Agreed. After 6+ years our cover is still in decent condition - except the velcro ties which gave-up long ago.

We're very happy with ours. Like anything it will attract a bit of dew or moisture on damp mornings, but I find a quick shake gets most of it off & the remainder dries quickly in a light breeze.

I have pondered adding Nikwax or similar waterproofing agent to the outside to improve /preserve water beading. Is there any reason not to do this or can anyone suggest a better waterproofing product?
(To be clear, it is already waterproof, I just want to improve the water beading properties).

We're very happy with ours. Like anything it will attract a bit of dew or moisture on damp mornings, but I find a quick shake gets most of it off & the remainder dries quickly in a light breeze.

I have pondered adding Nikwax or similar waterproofing agent to the outside to improve /preserve water beading. Is there any reason not to do this or can anyone suggest a better waterproofing product?
(To be clear, it is already waterproof, I just want to improve the water beading properties).
I wonder if the wax / hydrophilic coating might get onto the interior surface and hence windscreen.

I wonder if the wax / hydrophilic coating might get onto the interior surface and hence windscreen.
Fair point. 'Nikwax' is a brand that covers a range of products rather than a 'wax' as such, but I see what you're getting at. I was thinking of using the stuff they recommend to use on Gore-tex jackets which is dry once applied. It does need to be heat activated, but a warm hairdryer should do the trick.

Nikwax isn't particularly effective or long-lasting in my experience - I've had long battles with the stuff on my outdoor jackets etc.. - I would suggest, with manufacturer blessing of course, Fabsil would be better. Or just get them to recommend something. @CampervanBits would you recommend anything?

Thank you

Fair point. 'Nikwax' is a brand that covers a range of products rather than a 'wax' as such, but I see what you're getting at. I was thinking of using the stuff they recommend to use on Gore-tex jackets which is dry once applied. It does need to be heat activated, but a warm hairdryer should do the trick.
Yes know the stuff you mean, Grangers I use then iron. I did think of the Autoglym polar seal, that is amazing on the paintwork, maybe fine once dried on. screen I guess.

Agreed. After 6+ years our cover is still in decent condition - except the velcro ties which gave-up long ago.
Yes I found them not top the task really, a bungee cord loop and a hook would be a simple solution.