Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz vs Duvalay topper

Taff7996

Taff7996

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We have a comfortz topper but find it uncomfortable, to sleep downstairs in Ocean, seat ridge right on hip.
Been using two garden bench cushions, one on each side, to put under comfortz topper to elevate hip pain
Been considered trying a Duvalay 5cm (Gold or FreshTech) topper instead of Comfortz 2" topper
Any feednback for those who have done the same would be grateful

We have the comfort mattress with a 2.5cm Duvalay topper on top. I’d say it makes it just about ok. I sort of wonder if I should have ditched the comfort mattress and just gone for a 5cm Duvalay on it’s own, but I have a beach and the comfort mattress does make it flat and level even if very firm! We now have a lot of bedding to cart about and a just about ok bed. Not sure if that helps really but that’s my observation. The 5cm Duvalay in two parts will be bulky so beware. The 2.5cm versions are not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the advice from Campervantastic, so maybe a phone call?

So we have the VW mattress plus a 5cm freshtec duvalay topper. Very comfortable, easy to store in our bedding bag from IKEA. Each to their own and no doubt there are many combinations to be had.

Just got a duvalay was expecting to come in a Storage bag at the price, bit disapointed what bag are you referring too at ikea?

Last edited:
Just got a duvalay was expecting to come in a Storage bag at the price, bit disapointed what bag are you referring too at ikea?

I don’t think Duvalay state the topper comes in a bag?

The ikea bag idea came from previous posts by members and its basically a garden cushion storage bag. We pack all our bedding (pillows, sheets, duvet and topper) and the bag stores easily on the back shelf. It also allows for easy storage when the bedding isn’t required in the van. We bought two bags just in case the zip failed, but the bag for us has been excellent and no failures. Hope this helps?

8781F5A9-5E38-4FF4-A510-DAAF7E1F4E2A.jpeg

65C2C36F-CBCC-42CC-B539-CB9ED5A4F7C6.jpeg

does anyone know if the duvalay memory foam mattress would be damaged if it isn't rolled but is loosely folded so as to make a flat shape with 3/4 folds?

does anyone know if the duvalay memory foam mattress would be damaged if it isn't rolled but is loosely folded so as to make a flat shape with 3/4 folds?
Hi had a duvalay for 10years super comfortable we just fold ours into three the size of the parcel shelf and it’s been fine.

Just had one delivered new it came folded not rolled, i now store it in place of the upper mattress and pull it down when needed as i never sleep up top.saves rolling or folding.

Back