Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz VW California T5 & T6 Beach / Coast ‘Cali-Topper’ Roof Cover

Gazellio

Gazellio

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anybody tell me why the Beach Roof Topper is different and priced different to the Ocean one?

The beach roof raises higher than the se\ocean and uses more material to make

And are the windows worth the extra?
Swings and roundabouts, you get more light and a view if bellows window is unzipped but it is much harder to fold the topper to put away as the window material is stiffer. I wouldn't bother next time with windows, when you are taking a topper off in the pouring rain you want it to be as quick and easy as possible, not faffing folding it carefully because of the window vinyl. Just my opinion. :thumb

And are the windows worth the extra?

I would say that they are worth it. On a grey day it is good to have any extra light you can get in and opening the bellows windows and getting the light in makes it less gloomy. If it has rained or been frosty we tend to roughly fold up the topper as the windows are a bit stiff to fold and put it in the van. Then refold properly when it is warmer and the plastic is softer.

we tend to roughly fold up the topper as the windows are a bit stiff to fold and put it in the van. Then refold properly when it is warmer and the plastic is softer.
That is what I used to do, but got a white stress mark and small split/hole in the vinyl so now take a bit more care and time folding the windows. Hence I wouldn't choose windows again.

That is what I used to do, but got a white stress mark and small split/hole in the vinyl so now take a bit more care and time folding the windows. Hence I wouldn't choose windows again.

I probably phrased that badly. What I meant was not to fold the window parts as far as possible until the plastic is warmer. We put the topper in the van part folded with the windows flat and leave it like that until we get to the next site or back home. I don't attempt to put it in the bag. We stayed in a site just outside Portsmouth in December and there was thick frost on the topper when we came to pack up. The EHU cable was also hard to coil neatly. I don't see any gain in fighting it. If you have the space, ie only 2 of you in the Cali, wait till it is warmed through on your journey and then fold it properly.

Back