Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comparing screen covers

Larkrise

Larkrise

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone got a view on Comfortz compared with Brandrup Isolite screen covers. I realise that the Comfortz covers are very popular on the forum but the Brandrup product looks quite neat and only covers the front. We have found after our first few days away that fitting the internal covers is a bit messy, especially the front screen...and they are only offering privacy, not insulation.

I have only used the Comfortz thermal cover - it is a very well made and well fitting piece of kit. Highly recommend it - will also fold up and stuff in with one of the chairs in the tailgate - winner!

Have used "Silverscreens" cover on my T4's and cali since 1998. I think they are the best screen cover for summer and winter, also no condensation in mornings. :cool

John

hey John any idea on the price? their website doesn't list prices for T5

It cost £159 sept 2013, but bear in mind they do last about 7 years. i use mine daily whilst in SW France to keep heat out. even though van is on driveway.

John :goodone

I have one for my commer and had one on the movano too - both picked up second hand on ebay for £80 and they are very well made

I have the Silverscreen and its superb but a lot dearer then others at £160 delivered (bought it Feb 2014).

No experience of the Comfortz screen cover but i have their topper and thats great so if thats anything go by you could save a bit on getting there one

I have 'Taylormade' thermal screens which have been used in all sorts of weather over the past nine years. Carried them forward from the T5 motorhome before the Cali.
They have a heavy duty Velcro front so you can let in light. Have used these in pouring rain and minus 10 temps--brilliant. They don't seem to hold water--just feel damp. I stick them in the greenhouse to dry off properly in between trips. Easily rolled up into a lined bag which came with them. Bought them at one of the shows, so a bit cheaper--around £70 rings a bell but can't be sure.
Hope this helps.
Di

We have used an internal silver insulated screen held on by suckers. It left little round marks on the screen (maybe it was removing the dust ) and it was a pain to remove and roll up. And putting it up was a performance that would have gone down well on Utube on occasions.
So we now use the standard Cali internal side and windscreen covers. They are kept 'erected' and put on the upper bed for travel and they are very light, quick and easy to fit on site. And there was no extra cost either!

I have multiple screen covers, originally I used a Just Kampers external cover, it was ok, but flapped in the wind and was awkward to deal with wet... I then bought the awesome brandrup isolite extreme internal covers, the side windows are excellent but the front cover is a massive handful to put up... Amazing in cold or wet weather. Once in place works well!!

Recently I have bought the brandrup isolite external windscreen only cover..... I really like this in combination with the side windows from the internal kit.

It is neat to store in the roof, fit on the windscreen is great, very easy to put in place and we have seen no condensation so far!!

How does the Brandrup external front secure in place - it certainly looks neat from the pictures.

Hi,

It comes with velcro which you place inside the door pillars.

Thanks

James

I haven't seen a brandrup external have you a link or picture :?:

Had another break away, the silver screen was absolutely spot on no condensation at all.. brilliant!

No figured out how you use the fold down element thou :oops: anyone got any pics?

Back