Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel, About time...

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Interesting to see the archaic control panel is to be updated as part of the T6.1, I wonder if it can be retro fitted?image.jpeg

Interesting to see the archaic control panel is to be updated as part of the T6.1, I wonder if it can be retro fitted?View attachment 48411
Not simply by the looks of it. Certainly not easily removable like the present one. Although it must be to get to the bleed screw on the Hydraulic Pump if you have to lower the roof manually.

Not simply by the looks of it. Certainly not easily removable like the present one. Although it must be to get to the bleed screw on the Hydraulic Pump if you have to lower the roof manually.

Perhaps that been revised too...???
Would be very useful if it was

Also, I don't think non 6.1 models have the measuring ability to drive the 'level' graphics shown.

I think the display won't fit ours (sadly) because there will be other connections. Probably even CAN-bus wired.
Retrofitting would only be possible if VW creates a T5, 5.1 and 6 version of this panel, but they won't.
You want that panel? Just buy the rest of the surroundings too!

I like the control panel as it is. Who cares what the graphics look like. Too much touch screen stuff these days

I like the control panel as it is. Who cares what the graphics look like. Too much touch screen stuff these days
I don't need the levelling (but could come in handy), and graphical overload, but the control panel could use an update in terms of language, smaller pixels, and a bit more up to date. Especially the turning knob!!
Touch screen would certainly not be necessary.

I don't need the levelling (but could come in handy), and graphical overload, but the control panel could use an update in terms of language, smaller pixels, and a bit more up to date. Especially the turning knob!!
Touch screen would certainly not be necessary.
I find a 2 quid spirit level sorts out the levelling. Never had trouble with the knob but I hear the stories. My knob is fine

Thank god for your knob.
Mine needed a replacement, but I bought a second hand newer display. The one that goes completely black. The one I had was still lit when not used, so it was hard to get to sleep downstairs, as I can't really sleep with lights shining at me.

I agree with flying banana. The control panel is easy to use and i dont want to make my marble redundant. My only gripe with the CP is that it is too bright at night. Be good to be able to turn the backlight off. I have to put a piece of cardboard over it.

I agree with flying banana. The control panel is easy to use and i dont want to make my marble redundant. My only gripe with the CP is that it is too bright at night. Be good to be able to turn the backlight off. I have to put a piece of cardboard over it.
One of the reasons why I didn't repair my cp. I changed it for the newer one, the one that doesn't leave the backlight on.

May I ask what EURO registration your van is? As it is a 2010 one.

One of the reasons why I didn't repair my cp. I changed it for the newer one, the one that doesn't leave the backlight on.

May I ask what EURO registration your van is? As it is a 2010 one.
You’ll have to excuse my ignorance but I don’t know what a EURO registration is.

How is your car registered? EURO4 or EURO5? What environmental zones you may enter.

Back