Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel - Battery Flashing Light

D

DAW

VIP Member
Could someone help me explaining the battery lights on the control panel. I’m aware there are three batteries on board but what do the indicators that look like batteries mean on the control panel display - the central one and the bottom right? I’m away at the moment with no electrical hook up and the bottom right battery symbol is now flashing. The central battery symbol looks almost full. The manual doesn’t make it clear.
Any help appreciated.

Could someone help me explaining the battery lights on the control panel. I’m aware there are three batteries on board but what do the indicators that look like batteries mean on the control panel display - the central one and the bottom right? I’m away at the moment with no electrical hook up and the bottom right battery symbol is now flashing. The central battery symbol looks almost full. The manual doesn’t make it clear.
Any help appreciated.
Can you post a photo?

Looks like the batteries are dead...

Your batteries are not charged up and it looks
like the panel has started to lose its pixels, you'll
have to send it to Holland eventually after
you've charged them or you will lose the display after time.

- https://www.verotronics.nl

So the two leisure batteries are depleted? Is there no indication when the first is depleted i.e. 50% of capacity used. Also what does the battery symbol mean top centre of the control panel?
The loss of pixels tends to happen when there is a high level of moisture in the atmosphere. Once it dries out it returns to normal.

So the two leisure batteries are depleted? Is there no indication when the first is depleted i.e. 50% of capacity used. Also what does the battery symbol mean top centre of the control panel?
The loss of pixels tends to happen when there is a high level of moisture in the atmosphere. Once it dries out it returns to normal.
The 2 Leisure Batteries are wired in Parallel so act as 1 battery , not 2 .
The Battery Icon, top Centre, just shows you are on the Battery screen. It’s colour is of no significance.
The voltage of 10.8v indicates the battery is basically dead.
The Battery Icon in the R lower corner of the screen is just an indication that you are on Leisure Battery.

Thanks, really helps to clarify what I’m looking at.

Back