Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Button

JOHNB61

JOHNB61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, the control panel button on my Cali is playing up. I have to push the button on an angle to try to make it respond. I’m a bit concerned to put the roof up in case I can’t change the instructions to take it down again.

Is this a common problem? Any hints?

Thanks
John

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Step by step guide in the down loads section. Get one ordered from the shop ASAP. Then fit it your self following the instructions

KGCali

KGCali

Retired and still young at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi, the control panel button on my Cali is playing up. I have to push the button on an angle to try to make it respond. I’m a bit concerned to put the roof up in case I can’t change the instructions to take it down again.

Is this a common problem? Any hints?

Thanks
John
Hi
Yes it'll be the control button, the splines break off easily but you can get a replacement from the Cali Shop for about £34 and it comes with a new front panel. Did mine last week, easy once you get the old one out, see
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/rotary-knob-on-control-panel.1174/page-2
Just a tip for anyone thinking of removing their control panel, makes sure that when reconnecting the plugs at the back, you reconnect the smallest plug first. Apparently, from the Cali tech at VW Liverpool, if you don't the unit will fail to recognise the heater and you will have to get VW to recode the unit. I did as he said and everything is working fine.

Our Partners