Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Issue?

Scapa

Scapa

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
After several days travelling with fridge on I noticed this morning that some time during the night my fridge had switched off (control panel light on and compressor on/off ok when we went to bed) I also noticed camping mode had also deactivated. As an aside I also noticed the last aux heater setting level used a few nights previous had also reset to a higher level. Looks like the panel had something going on which caused it to reboot or something similar.

We were on hook up and batteries all healthy and fully charged. Nothing other than fridge was on when we went to bed. I know there have been other threads with random fridge drop off. But not sure same as this

Any ideas?

After several days travelling with fridge on I noticed this morning that some time during the night my fridge had switched off (control panel light on and compressor on/off ok when we went to bed) I also noticed camping mode had also deactivated. As an aside I also noticed the last aux heater setting level used a few nights previous had also reset to a higher level. Looks like the panel had something going on which caused it to reboot or something similar.

We were on hook up and batteries all healthy and fully charged. Nothing other than fridge was on when we went to bed. I know there have been other threads with random fridge drop off. But not sure same as this

Any ideas?
Should have added everything switched back on ok this morning so no idea what happened.

I'd have said random fridge switch off that I have seen a few times. But the fact that camping mode went too, along with the changes to heater settings points to something else I would say. Watching the thread with interest

I have a couple of times knocked the control panel off button when getting dressed in the morning. Quite easy to do…?

Yes it’s a bit of an odd one, and as nothing of note drawing any power other than fridge overnight (on at level 3, cool outside so not working hard or anything) no idea what would have triggered the panel to reset itself.

The only ‘different’ thing I was aware of last evening was hearing a whirring off/on noise left passenger side of front dashboard. The sound you get when either your infotainment or main system is booting up (can also sound a little like a small pump starting and stopping). It was doing it for while started long after we had parked up it was in camping mode, no heater, radio etc was on so didn’t know why it was doing this. Some time when this was ‘whirring’ on off I would catch a slight flicker of light on the control panel but nothing more and fridge light etc was still all on ok at that point. Strange one!

Back