Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel not coming on

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
a couple of weeks ago I posted (see below) that my batteries came back form the dealer is a sorry state. The van has not been used for 10 days since that post. I went to switch the control panel on and it won’t even come on, it flashed in for 1/2 second and that was it. No lights on the switches that surround it either. It’s going in tomorrow to have all the batteries replaced under warranty. I just wanted to ask that if it’s going flat from the reading in the photo below (9.4v 0amps) (when I last posted 10 days ago) is due to the battery being low to start with, or is their a chance there is something else drawing on the battery to flatten it ? Nothing is on as far as I can see. One of the repairs they did when it was in last time was rewire of the strip light under the sink unit that had a mind of its own and kept coming on. I thought they had solved it and have not seen the light come on since the repair. After the post two weeks ago the dealer agreed to replace all the batteries. So really asking if there might be something else I need them to look at while it’s in, due to the control panel/ battery not coming on

Here is the post from two weeks ago ....
Just had the van back from the dealer, where it was sat for 5 weeks awaiting a part. I got them to check the battery a few weeks ago and it came back with passes on both leisure batteries. The battery was behaving strangely so that why I asked for it to be checked. Looking today the battery symbol on the control panel is flashing at the top of the screen and the right bottom of the screen. In addition it has my battery at 0%. Can anyone tell me what the flashing battery means and if the batteries are flat, and if they may be damaged. Could this be due to them not being charged while on the lot ? Also they fixed the under sink lighting issue where it keep coming on, so that may have drained it, before the fixed it. Oh the drive from the dealer to home was 30mins (to recharge ). Any insight would be amazing.

2F9DAE4C-894E-446D-B2D2-720BEBF6C5B8.jpeg

They'll replace all 3 the batteries which should sort out the Control Panel but just check the Control Panel shows the batteries are fully charged when you collect it and put the aux heater on for at least 30 mins with the engine off and then make sure the battery level is still good after the heater has been off for 15 mins.

Thank you, can I ask why the heater should be run

What is a good battery level after the heaters been run

The aux heater draws the most current from the leisure batteries so should show that they can still hold a charge after it's been run for 30 mins. Once the heater has been off for 15 minutes the leisure batteries should still show around 12.3 - 12.6v and 80-90%. After the drive home they should be back to 100% then just check over the next few days that the voltage doesn't go low otherwise you still have a fault that's draining the batteries.

Thank you, I will do that

Thank when watching the voltage should not go to low.. what values would be a indication of a problem when checking the battery each day ?

Thank when watching the voltage should not go to low.. what values would be a indication of a problem when checking the battery each day ?
Please Note.
Unlocking and opening drivers door impacts the engine battery as it starts the vehicle electronics and fuel pump ready to drive. Unlocking and opening side door, non-electric, mitigates power draw on engine battery.
Leisure Batteries should remain above 12.2V over 1 month at least. Power draw with screen on 0.2Amps that drops to 0 when screen goes off/black.

So does that mean there looks like something is wrong and drawing from the less ire battery ?

Sorry drawing from the leisure battery

Sorry, but I’m getting confused as to exactly when that reading, of 9.4 Volts , was taken in relation to the replacement of the Leisure Batteries.
If it was taken before, forget it. If it was taken after then you have a problem.

It was taken two weeks ago after I got the van back from the dealer. Spoke to them and they agreed to replace the batteries. This has not been done yet. It goes in tomorrow. Between the reading in the photo and now is two weeks. Since the reading there is no power what so ever as the post. Just wondering how it got from the reading in the picture two weeks ago to having no power in the batteries when the van has not been used or driven in that time. Trying to understand if there may be something drawing on the power that should not, or is this power loss explainable another way .. hope that makes sense

It was taken two weeks ago after I got the van back from the dealer. Spoke to them and they agreed to replace the batteries. This has not been done yet. It goes in tomorrow. Between the reading in the photo and now is two weeks. Since the reading there is no power what so ever as the post. Just wondering how it got from the reading in the picture two weeks ago to having no power in the batteries when the van has not been used or driven in that time. Trying to understand if there may be something drawing on the power that should not, or is this power loss explainable another way .. hope that makes sense
Putting it bluntly, Knackered Batteries. All batteries will lose charge when not in use and the more damaged they are then the quicker they will lose charge.

Back