Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel Repair - UK Based Repairer

C

Chris

Not sure if this goes against any Forum Rule. I am not related or affiliated to this person or company. If I am breaking any rules then please delete this thread.

Like a lot of us my control panel was starting to miss lines in the display. Some days worse than others and knew it would be just my luck it would go blank when I was 100s of miles away from home. I looked on the forum for the fix but was not completely comfortable with messing with the electronics and LCD ribbons.

I did some enquires the old fashion way (not quite yellow pages) I contacted a chap called Ed of ESTechincal in my home town in Kent. Explain what the issue was and he said he would have a look. Took the panel down to him. After 3 days got a phone call said it’s done. Plugged my control panel back in this morning and it’s as good as new. Nice chap and super-efficient services.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris
Do you know whether Ed still does repairs? I tried emailing him last week and still no reply.
Alternatively does anyone else know anyone/business that repairs the central control unit display - I have tried the DIY repair several times with only limited success!
Thanks
Derrick

Hi Chris
Do you know whether Ed still does repairs? I tried emailing him last week and still no reply.
Alternatively does anyone else know anyone/business that repairs the central control unit display - I have tried the DIY repair several times with only limited success!
Thanks
Derrick

Derrick
Sorry I don't know the Ed personally. All I can say is keep trying.

Not sure if this goes against any Forum Rule. I am not related or affiliated to this person or company. If I am breaking any rules then please delete this thread.

Like a lot of us my control panel was starting to miss lines in the display. Some days worse than others and knew it would be just my luck it would go blank when I was 100s of miles away from home. I looked on the forum for the fix but was not completely comfortable with messing with the electronics and LCD ribbons.

I did some enquires the old fashion way (not quite yellow pages) I contacted a chap called Ed of ESTechincal in my home town in Kent. Explain what the issue was and he said he would have a look. Took the panel down to him. After 3 days got a phone call said it’s done. Plugged my control panel back in this morning and it’s as good as new. Nice chap and super-efficient services.
Hi Chris,
I also have a problem with my control panel,could you please forward Ed's contact details.
Many thanks
John Chequer

Back