Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel

J

Jhippy

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi
I posted my 2009 t5 control panel to Verotronics in the Netherlands but it appears to have been lost in transit and both RoyalMail and PostNL are not admitting guilt. Long story short I now need to buy another one so I can continue to use my camper. Anybody know where I can get one please? Preferably cheapest possible!

How long has it been missing? Mail is really iffy at the moment with Covid. Plus there was some social unrest in Eindhoven over the weekend. Might just be delayed.

You could try the shop linked to this site.

Living in the Netherlands I can promise you that both the Royal mail and PostNL are having serious problems. I know of several people that are waiting for mail that has been send weeks ago. I'm personally still waiting on a package send from the UK on the 15th of december. And my parents posted me a birthday present weeks ago, still hasn't arrived.

Covid, Brexit, and extra mail due to the vaccinations is messing things up. I wouldn't neccesarily consider your control panel lost, i'm sure it will end up at Verotronics in the end. But, yeah, can;t really use your camper in the meantime. :-(

Living in the Netherlands I can promise you that both the Royal mail and PostNL are having serious problems. I know of several people that are waiting for mail that has been send weeks ago. I'm personally still waiting on a package send from the UK on the 15th of december. And my parents posted me a birthday present weeks ago, still hasn't arrived.

Covid, Brexit, and extra mail due to the vaccinations is messing things up. I wouldn't neccesarily consider your control panel lost, i'm sure it will end up at Verotronics in the end. But, yeah, can;t really use your camper in the meantime. :-(
I can reiterate what you are saying..My experiences of posting to the Netherlands even in the good times I was left pulling my hair out. Supposedly lost one package, sent another that supposedly lost lost about to cancel the order and give a refund to the customer after 2 months then both got delivered. Don’t give up you will get it..

I can reiterate what you are saying..My experiences of posting to the Netherlands even in the good times I was left pulling my hair out. Supposedly lost one package, sent another that supposedly lost lost about to cancel the order and give a refund to the customer after 2 months then both got delivered. Don’t give up you will get it..
But surely you took out some form of insurance cover when you posted it ?

Hi
I posted my 2009 t5 control panel to Verotronics in the Netherlands but it appears to have been lost in transit and both RoyalMail and PostNL are not admitting guilt. Long story short I now need to buy another one so I can continue to use my camper. Anybody know where I can get one please? Preferably cheapest possible!
I've just got got mine back from them.

It took since November for the whole process as it took ages to get out there but it was quite quick getting back.
On the return leg the tracking showed it sitting in "Exported" for a while but it did turn up in the end.

Mines from a 2008 and is for sale, as it happens, as I thought mine was lost too at one point so I bought a second hand one that came up.

If you do want to go with replacing yours and a 2008 is any good to you let me know.

Cheers

Steve

It took since November for the whole process as it took ages to get out there but it was quite quick getting back.
On the return leg the tracking showed it sitting in "Exported" for a while but it did turn up in the end.

Mines from a 2008 and is for sale, as it happens, as I thought mine was lost too at one point so I bought a second hand one that came up.

If you do want to go with replacing yours and a 2008 is any good to you let me know.

Cheers

Steve
How much do you want for it? I’m pretty sure it would fit, does it have the code 757-906-452c on the back? Me being inpatient will probably do the same as you!

For info VW main dealer quoted £936.54 for a new one and they have 4 in stock nationally

Awesome that would be great if possible as impatient and annoyed cannot have the heater on defrosting in the morning. I’m not sure how to private msg on the forum?

No I had trouble with that last time I tried to do it. Happy to drop you an email if you let me have your address

Awesome that would be great if possible as impatient and annoyed cannot have the heater on defrosting in the morning. I’m not sure how to private msg on the forum?
No I had trouble with that last time I tried to do it. Happy to drop you an email if you let me have your address
The Private Message function between members is for paid up VIP members only.

I believe email addresses will be altered by the Forum software to protect users from their address being picked up by Internet Bots.

Take a photo of the email address and post that instead. The Bots don’t check images.

Last edited:
Thanks for that WelshGas that's useful to know. I lose track of what you can and can't do from one forum to another.

No worries, hope you find one.

Once the post and customs paperwork settles down Verotronics is a good shout for repair as an option although I don't know what will happen to their shipping costs

No worries, hope you find one.

Once the post and customs paperwork settles down Verotronics is a good shout for repair as an option although I don't know what will happen to their shipping costs
I’ve just emailed them.

My original unit is hopefully fully repaired and on its way back. Was £123 for the repair and return postage and £12 postage on way out from UK. Hoping I dont get stung by UK import taxes and it makes it back...

May be a spare unit for sale soon...

My original unit is hopefully fully repaired and on its way back. Was £123 for the repair and return postage and £12 postage on way out from UK. Hoping I dont get stung by UK import taxes and it makes it back...

May be a spare unit for sale soon...
Let me know if it comes back and you want to sell it on.

Cheers

Steve
Sent to Verotronics for repair 2009 T5 Cali. Took 2 attempts via Hermes (useless) and Parcel Force. Sat in a hub for 3 weeks but Verotronics turned around in 1 day. Just waiting now to see if Taking Back Control is the biggest con in history!! Stressful but £118 against nearly £1000 from VW. No brained.

Back