Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Phreak

Maeve

Maeve

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
These are just a few of the things I wish I could control from and Android/iOS App

1. Raising/Lowering the roof
2. Various lighting
3. Opening and closing windows
4. Opening and closing the boot

I guess what I am saying is that I would really like to see VW build the "Control Panel" into an app that really did give me control over all of her wonderful features simply by pulling out my phone.

Feel free to add more and happy camping :)

Hey me too. I’d also like to know the battery status, how full the water is, how much gas I have left, what the tyre pressures are, what my range is, what the inside temperature is (for the dog when out getting food), the oil level, how long to next service plus be able to adjust the volume, heating etc etc from my phone. It will come. But why are they dragging it out!

All that comes to my mind with all of the above - how much this will cost when something breaks down :S

The ability to close the roof from a phone would have safety implications. VW already interlock the roof opening/closing with having the ignition on. Imagine a someone getting trapped because the app malfunctioned.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Ues
The ability to close the roof from a phone would have safety implications. VW already interlock the roof opening/closing with having the ignition on. Imagine a someone getting trapped because the app malfunctioned.

Yes Keep the interlock in place. Would it be nice to lower the roof from a phone even if just to make sure the bellows are not getting trapped while looking from the outside?

All that comes to my mind with all of the above - how much this will cost when something breaks down :S
Just turn it off and back on again. :cool:

I think still having the interlock in place and having it stop at a third of the way down is safe for a phone app but they could even have it stop twice using the phone and it would not bother me much. It would be nice to be outside observing it go down.

If the panel malfunctions you are within easy reach of the key which I assume will stop the power to the system. If you had an app on a phone and it misbehaves you may not be anywhere near the key to turn off the power. In a worse case scenario you could be trapped in the mechanism.

May be coming on the 6.1 Ocean, an app is being released in 2020 apparently, but no clear indication whats on it.

Good grief! :shocked

I am so intellectually dumb when it comes to smartphones and even have moments of senility when it comes to the control panel..... mix the two together and I won't even be able to put the kettle on o_O

Good grief! :shocked

I am so intellectually dumb when it comes to smartphones and even have moments of senility when it comes to the control panel..... mix the two together and I won't even be able to put the kettle on o_O
Don't panic. The gas burners will not be operatable from your phone. I hope?

Back