Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Convenience lights problem on brand new Cali

Renaissance-Man

Renaissance-Man

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can assist: Having picked up my brand new Cali Ocean 6.1 today from Europeans in Crawley (which was a good experience) I am having an issue with the convenience lights in the driver/passenger area

Basically, upon unlocking and entering, all the rear lights come on - kitchen etc. and 'California' floor light by sliding door, but neither of the lights over the driver and passenger seats do anything.

With ignition on, I cannot get either reading light to work in the front but the foot lights and glove light all work. I can't work out why but am starting to think there may be a fault or fuse blown. Anyone have any thoughts?

I don't really fancy an hour and a half round trip back to Crawley on Monday to get this looked at unless I have no choice i.e. - I am not missing something or I cannot easily replace the fuse.

Appreciate any help!

My hunch is the fuse but before you look into it, is it possible the lights are turned off at the panel? Maybe not but have a look at this:

My hunch is the fuse but before you look into it, is it possible the lights are turned off at the panel? Maybe not but have a look at this:
Thanks for that - yes I watched that one and I get absolutely nothing from either side front light. Whether the door is open or whether I switch them on independently as reading lights.
Do you happen to know the fuse location (under passenger seat or dash) and number? Otherwise it will mean a trip back to the dealer next week.

Back