ddgp

ddgp

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Any thoughts or actual conversions into hydropower engine with your California

would you do it?

see vid for an example

Never trust anyone who can't do maths.
"56% better gas mileage" does NOT translate to "56% savings in his pocket".

would you do it?

see vid for an example
That had me scratching my head in confusion... Here's generally what hydropower is in English: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydropower

"Hydrogen power" would probably work.

Not trying to be pedantic, I was genuinely confused by the word.

When I saw the thread title I was assuming something much more interesting... maybe parking next to a river with a water wheel to fry your sausages or something?

But seriously... "hydrogen on demand", powered by a 12v battery? Complete snake oil of course. Although a quick google tells me people are actually marketing these devices on Ebay etc, so someone is probably buying them. :headbang

Producing hydrogen by electrolysis is around 75% efficient. The produced H2 is immediately burnt. The underlying electricity comes from the internal combustion engine which probably 40 something percent thermally efficient.

Not difficult to see that thermodynamically the thesis is impossible.

Conceivably the presence of small amounts of H2 might improve the combustion process but I doubt it.

Producing hydrogen by electrolysis is around 75% efficient. The produced H2 is immediately burnt. The underlying electricity comes from the internal combustion engine which probably 40 something percent thermally efficient.

Not difficult to see that thermodynamically the thesis is impossible.

Conceivably the presence of small amounts of H2 might improve the combustion process but I doubt it.
Bah, you and your Laws of Thermodynamics. You're just being negative.
:upsidedown

would you do it?

see vid for an example
What a load of complete rollacks!! However, it did make me laugh so it has some enjoyment merit. Please please, nobody try this!

What a load of complete rollacks!! However, it did make me laugh so it has some enjoyment merit. Please please, nobody try this!
I guess the warranty cover might just be affected. And it'd be an entertaining discussion with your insurer when the they find the gadget strapped to the burnt-out shell of your Cali.

Going back to the 1970s and water injection was all the thing. Needless to say it didn’t work just like this doesn’t work. If any of these methods were successful then the major manufacturers would have perfected them.

Remember those 'magic beads' that were sold by mail order to put in your fuel tank when leaded fuel was phased out?

I saw them again a couple of weeks ago on a trade stand at the NEC classic car show. This time their miraculous effect is to nullify the ethanol in E10 fuel and so protect your fuel system.

Fools and their money...

Really ought to go for 100% hydrogen. Then he really would get a much bigger bang for his buck. But only once.

Back