Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

1. NEXT CLUB MEET
    20th-22nd April
    THIS COMING WEEKEND
    Gloucestershire Club Meet
    Details Here

Dismiss Notice

Cooking using the inverter socket - Experiment

Discussion in 'General VW T5 & T6 California Chat' started by Jabberwocky, Apr 15, 2018 at 1:33 PM.

1. Mart123blue

Mart123blue VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    If you pop a gammon joint with a can of cider in before you head out hiking - It will be absolutely delicious on your return. No need for the cider to cover the joint and the cheaper the cider the better. :)

• I Like That! I Like That! x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
  2. Cali4nia-Dream

Cali4nia-Dream VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    Sounds interesting (but can't see that model on Morrisons online).
    We looked at using a slow cooker in Cali a while since but the model we tried had no insulation and the outside got very hot so we gave up the idea of using it.
    How hot does this model get?

3. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    We have two slow cookers. One is an expensive Crock Pot and the other a cheap (Morrisons own brand). Both work well and both get "too hot to touch" on the outside. We will only use the Morrisons pot in the Cali on account its small (1.5l?) and space is as you know limited. We put it on a tin tray on the glass kitchen top - no issues as the tin tray dissipates the external heat (on a cold day it also keeps the Cali a few degrees higher than would otherwise be the case). We bought in March last year but only now got to thinking about using it off hook-up as we are planning on some wild camping for a couple of days - just us and the wild:). The Model number is WMKIT15SC15. https://groceries.morrisons.com/web...|166332|166387&parentContainer=|166332|166387 (inflation seems to have taken its toll - now £10!!)
    Hope this helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Cali4nia-Dream

Cali4nia-Dream VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year: