Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coolant heater.

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Do any of you chaps have the coolant heater installed?
I discovered today that I do. l know what it does but I don't know what the control philosophy is? I guess it's totally automatic and just temperature dependant?
Prob same as the T5 so hopefully WG can give a short presentation on its ins and outs?

P.

Search search search.....;)
Now you found out it has the coolant heater , value goes up!

Sounds like a nice piece of kit. I wonder if it is possible to change the set-point that it comes on at? Make it more suitable to the UK climate, set t to come on at 8-10 degrees Celsius, or whatever temp would suit best. A user control of the set points might be useful, everybody can customise it to suit their own needs.

Well I'll be! Just when you think you know all there is to know about your van, you go and find this!

Looking under the front wheel arch I have the exhaust that looks just like the Eber exhaust and is exactly what folk here are talking about. I'd just never paid much attention to it. However after two cold German winters I can confirm it is definitely not working. Looks like I'll have to go and find out why. The joys of T4 ownership (and I mean that in a positive way).

Here's a great description of it here as well:

http://t4-wiki.de/wiki/Wasserstandheizung

T4. The van that keeps on giving. :pinkbanana:pinkbanana:pinkbanana:pinkbanana:pinkbanana:pinkbanana

Keep looking, you might find a water heater.!!!!

Looking fwd to your translation Chris......

Back