Correct Engine Oil for T6 California Beach

Kayleigh

Kayleigh

Back in the ‘non-leaking’ T6 Beach
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,

Can someone please advise on the correct Castrol engine oil for the T6 Beach?

I checked on the Castrol website and it comes up with “Castrol EDGE 5W-30 LL”, however, on reading other threads here I have seen references to “EDGE Professional” oil.

Thanks.

Hi,

I checked on the Castrol website and it comes up with “Castrol EDGE 5W-30 LL”, however, on reading other threads here I have seen references to “EDGE Professional” oil.

Thanks.
As long as the oil meets the specification stated in the Handbook it will be OK.

Hi,

Thanks.
Edge Professional is identical in every way to the Edge oil.
the “standards“ expressed for use in the Cali are identical for both oils.

with the Exception ?

there is a dye added to it the “professional “ oil so it can quickly identify it as being the correct oil.

you could not write it could you

Hi,

Thanks.

In theory 0W - 30 has a wider temperature operating range than 5W - 30 (on the colder side). If they both met VW's spec and all else equal I'd go for 0W - 30 Synthetic.

In theory 0W - 30 has a wider temperature operating range than 5W - 30 (on the colder side). If they both met VW's spec and all else equal I'd go for 0W - 30 Synthetic.
Can I add 0W-30 when topping up the oil?

Can I add 0W-30 when topping up the oil?
Yes, if the top up oil meets the VW spec. But you'll get 10 different answers from 10 different people. In general all you know about the oil that is already in your engine is that it met the VW spec at the time of oil change. It could be 0W -30 or 5W - 30 (or perhaps a different multigrade in another climate). Put in the best oil that meets their requirements and your budget.

Thanks for the helpful answers everyone :)

Back