Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Couple of insurance question questions

M

Meerkat1234

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Sorting out of our first insurance for the new Cali...

a) we're being asked "what is the value of the vehicle?" and "what did you pay for the vehicle?" by different insurers. Given we all get discounts and bits thrown in by dealers, they're clearly not the same question. How have you all handled this to ensure that, god forbid, anything happens to your Cali you get a like-for-like compensation.

b) This whole "can't take your NCB" with you is a strange new world. Some insurers say it doesn't count and we have to start from absolute zero and some say they 'mirror' but given the discount is so much less than a real NCB discount this mirror's got a very odd reflection! How have you gone about this?

We insured for the value of the vehicle before any dealer discount so that if, heaven forbid, she gets stolen we are insured for the full cost and not the special price we negotiated with the dealer.

We have always had our car insured in my name and I've got a full NCB. We sold our car when we purchased Cali and I transferred the full NCB to the Cali insurance (with C&MC) without any problem.

Thanks Mr & Mrs B, that makes sense. We'll stick to the value. As for the NCB, we didn't sell a vehicle so can't use our full NCB we now hear.